Since Things Are Slow

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
I have copied a few observations posted last year prior to the season. These quotes were made during the Fall practices. These quotes were made by various posters on Stingtalk who observed the players during practices last year.

I am going to look back over some of the other previous posts and bring some of the interesting articles back to this year for comments.

DIXON AND BOWMAN

The offense was stuffed on almost every running play (with a few exceptions) yesterday, but had a number of nice plays today. Jimmy Dixon was really running hard, and had 3 or 4 runs that he broke into the secondary.

He was running with the first team a lot since Ford hurt what looked like his hip. They put ice on it and he stood on the sidelines for the rest of the scrimmage, but wasn't carted off or anything, so it didn't seem too severe.

Walkon transfer from Auburn Trevor Bowman (who is wearing #82) looks real good. At 6'3" he has good size, and also has good speed. He caught a number of passes in 7 on 7 drills, including a nice deep pass near the left sideline that was just out of reach of the defender.

BILBO

Let me qualify what I said yesterday about Bilbo looking the best by saying that it is mostly based on what I perceive to be the talent level. He is the most athletic, quickest, and has the strongest and most accurate arm.

1. Bilbo: Guys I'm so blown away by Bilbo from a physical standpoint. He is just such a fluid athlete for a guy his size. IMHO, he has the best arm, mechanics and natural running ability. Obviously, I don't know how well he is picking up the offense but he is clearly the most talented.

I think he has some good leadership skills as well. I'm not one to throw around praise but if he really picks up the offense and an understanding of the game he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick when he leaves GT.

COACHES

4. Coaches-Coach Wilson was there and you can tell he is going to really help us on the recruiting trail.

IMHO, Coach Nix is going to be a star. He just has something about him. He's the type of guy that can push you but not beat you up at the same time. 5 years from now or sooner, he will be a name in demand.

Coach Tenuta was very much in charge but not overbearing. I think he's going to have the defense playing very well.

TWO QUARTERBACK SYSTEM

Gailey and O'Brien have both said repeatedly that they would not be opposed to a two-quarterback platoon similar to the one O'Brien employed in the Seattle Bowl, where Hall relieved Godsey for two series to run the option in Tech's 24-14 win over Stanford.

"We're not afraid to play two," O'Brien said, "but one of them before the eighth or ninth practice has to separate himself from the other.

Any comments on the topics? Not looking on comments regarding the posters, that is the reason I left the names off.

wink.gif

Ahsoisee,

Good idea, gives me some insight when compared to game time comments.

Let's see some poster names so we can persecute the innocent.

Well it certainly gives perspective.From many years of watching Spring practices,I feel it is the most unrealistic look at a team.Many times the top players are held out and even the ones that play are going against the same guys they may have practiced against for yrs.It is not NEARLY the same as a real game.I remember GOL saying that onr yr Kevin Hughley was probably the outstanding player of the Spring.gee-the guy not only did not PLAY much the next Fall he was gone in a yr.And people made such a big deal of Bilbo running over Hester in a run.What a crock.I want a QB than can THROW over a db for a TD not a tank.

Back