Slow week topic: GT related superstitions...

ContactBuzz

Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans
Thanks to GT18YJ (golftango..) for the idea.

What is your GT related superstition?

I will not tape games I attend (I stopped doing this during the 1999 season) - as much as I would love to have a copy of our televised games, I can't bring myself to taping them.

i have some superstitions but the biggest one i have is not to share my superstitions with others.

ummm .. i just shared my superstition didn't i.

dang
pat.gif

Originally posted by ylojk8:
i have some superstitions but the biggest one i have is not to share my superstitions with others.

ummm .. i just shared my superstition didn't i.

dang
pat.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BOOOOOOO!!! I don't boo players but that doesn't apply to fellow posters.

It varies every year but this year this seems to be working....

1) Whenever I wear my JMU T-shirt (SWMBO's alma mater) while watching the game at home on TV we play well.
2) Wear the colors of the opposing team as much as I can during the week leading up to the game. This lets the other team know I'm not scared and it represents them showing up during the week (and not on game day). An example of this: I wore red boxer shorts with mermaids on them the day of the Maryland game. Mermaids are from the sea like Terrapins, thus providing a double whamy.

Originally posted by ContactBuzz:
BOOOOOOO!!! I don't boo players but that doesn't apply to fellow posters.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">this has to be the worst form of personal attack this board has ever seen.

totally uncalled for.

tongue.gif

I only have one real superstition that I adher
to religiously...

I am not allowed to have a shaker during games.

I put down a shaker a few seasons ago, right before
a big play by the Tech offense. I haven't picked
one up since.

Kirbee:

A "Terrapin" is the land version, not the sea version, of the turtle isn't it? But the mermaid shorts - that's just cool all by itself. What ever you did, it worked.

Lucky gold shirt on Friday before the game, if we loose I change to a new lucky shirt.
Gold shirt at game and a No Bulldog pin on right lapel.
4 beers during the game. You got to love the upper east.
Never bring a guest that went to the other shool.

Wore a gold and white shirt with blue shorts to the Auburn game. Like an idiot, Iwore black shorts with a solid gold shirt to the Clemson game (all you naysayers get off Chan's back, it was my fault). I went back to gold and white with blue shorts for NCSU. When the Weather Channel said that the temp would be 55 degrees at kickoff for Maryland, the shorts were replaced by blue jeans, so now I know it was the shirt all along. All you people that think it depends on the coaches and players are nuts. It only matters what I wear.

Always wear my GT hat and GT t-shirt on gameday.

At the Auburn game, I wore my hat backwards and we won. That was the only game of the first four that I wore it backwards. Then at the NC State game i was getting frustrated with red zone field goals and we were inside the 5 right before the half. My brother taps me on the shoulder and says turn your hat around and honestly the next play Nate Curry makes a great catch for a TD.
I now turn it around when we need an offensive spark. I did not flip around against Maryland and maybe that is why we only scored 7 points
grin.gif

I also wear it to all volleyball games and I remember flipping it around after we got down 2 games to 0 to Wisconsin. We won the next three games and are still undefeated!

I also always listen to Wes at all home games.

Not a superstition, because it's seen too many losses as well as wins, but I have worn the same solid gold shirt the past 5 seasons.

Cracker i'm not sure how you do it. The only game I have ever been without a shaker for was BYU last year and it completely threw my whole cheering mechanism out of whack.

Umm...JacketDude, can I get you cell phone #? That way, when we start needing an offensive spark, I can call you and make sure you've got that dang hard turned around...like it's supposed to be when we have the ball!
smile.gif

Georgia TECH ball cap. White with a blue brim. Given to me on my b'day several years back. It's my "lucky hat." When it's not on my head it adorns one of those fake plastic skulls. I am insane.

THWD!!!

ContactBuzz, you jumped the gun, Halloween is not till Friday.

If I am either watching the game on TV or listening to the radio and Tech starts losing, I can turn the game off and they will go ahead again.

If I turn it back on and start following the game again, they start losing again. I have to turn the game off and then wait to hear the final score. This tactic has no effect when they are winning, only when they start losing.

I continue to follow the game while they are winning.

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
ContactBuzz, you jumped the gun, Halloween is not till Friday.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good point - I didn't think about the Halloween/superstition angle. It's close enough, I've been watching the Simpsons (Halloween Specials), AMC and the Travel Channel all week - scary movies, ghost stories, etc.

My mother is not allowed to go because they lose every time she does (other than the all American Bowl and I think Dewberry threw the curse off). We gave her a 1 game reprieve for the Wake game last year and look what happened.

1) Always stop shaking the shaker before the ball is snapped.

2) If I'm watching at home and it goes to commercial, say I change the channel from ABC to ESPN to FOX. IF we do well after the commercial, on the next commercial I change the channel from ABC to ESPN to FOX, same routine until we start losing momentum.

Back