Slow week topic: GT related superstitions...

Ha! What a great thread! GTFan- That about the changeing the channel is GREAT! I think for me....
-When I'm at home- sit in the SAME place While the game is on. My dad does this too. He decided to move down to the basement from the upstairs during the FSU game! Shame on him! Its HIS fault we lost that game everyone!
-As for while im there- If something good happens, I try and just continue to do whatever I was doing when the good thing happened(I.E. Bite the end of my shaker, cross my arms, ball my hands up together in a fist, and put them up by my mouth) I sometimes even try reverse psycholgy(SP?) (i.e. Say, "Were not gonna score)

LOL...this is a great thread! OK, I'm not generally the superstitious type, but I must admit that I get Hyper-superstitious where my Jackets are concerned. My chief one is that I always sit on the front of the seat when I'm watching a game at home. Usually, I'm in my theatre room watching it on the big screen and I sit on the front of the seat. When we make a great play, I clap 7 times (because we all know 7 is a lucky #
smile.gif
). My 6-year old has picked up on my habits and mimics my every move during a game.

On a completely unrelated not, he has got to be the single greatest all-time 6-year old fan of GT. He is, at this very moment, getting ready for school and is wearing one of his usual assortment of Ga Tech shirts (this one we bought right outside the game vs Maryland the other night, so he's excited because it's a new one). I just heard my wife teasing him saying "You don't love Ga. Tech" and he yelled out "GO JACKETS! STING 'EM! AND TO HECK WITH GEORGIA". LOL...that's one thing we've had to "clean up" about the Ramblin Wreck song. He thinks the words of the song are, "I'm a ramblin wreck from Ga. Tech and a heck of an engineer" and "I drink my KoolAid clear" (instead of drink my whiskey clear". But he'll shout them out with the best of them.

Oh well, sorry to ramble, but I was just sitting here reading these posts and heard that and couldn't help but gush about how great it is to be a Yellow Jacket...especially with the team playing the way they have been.

GO JACKETS! TO HELL WITH DUKE, NC, UVA, AND ESPECIALLY GEORGIA!

Originally posted by AWB:
Kirbee:

A "Terrapin" is the land version, not the sea version, of the turtle isn't it? But the mermaid shorts - that's just cool all by itself. What ever you did, it worked.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hey you know the saying -- don't f*(k with a streak.
grin.gif

This is a great thread -- funny stuff. Glad to know there are other freaks out there.

I thought of another thing that is giving the Jackets good mojo. My new son, he's 8 months old. While on the couch, he slept on my chest for the Auburn game and the Maryland game. He also fell asleep on my chest during the FSU game, but I mistakenly put him to bed before half time. If he stays with me through the half, the Jackets are unbeatable.

Originally posted by JacketDude:
Always wear my GT hat and GT t-shirt on gameday.

At the Auburn game, I wore my hat backwards and we won. That was the only game of the first four that I wore it backwards. Then at the NC State game i was getting frustrated with red zone field goals and we were inside the 5 right before the half. My brother taps me on the shoulder and says turn your hat around and honestly the next play Nate Curry makes a great catch for a TD.
I now turn it around when we need an offensive spark. I did not flip around against Maryland and maybe that is why we only scored 7 points
grin.gif

I also wear it to all volleyball games and I remember flipping it around after we got down 2 games to 0 to Wisconsin. We won the next three games and are still undefeated!

I also always listen to Wes at all home games.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I have a similar hat routine that will explain the Maryland game. I wear my GT hat backwards for big defensive plays and forwards for Offense, halftime, and pregame and it's paid off. Therefore STRONG defense against Md. and enough O to win.

I've revived my old GT hat for this year and the results have been better than expected. Mine's the navy hat with the GT logo on the front, but what makes it really nice is it's one of the old style hats with a cardboard bill, not a plastic one. After washing it umpteen times, and having to restitch the cloth around the bill, the cardboard has quit and it's the most relaxed hat I own - a beaut.

Like so many others, my superstition involves hats. I buy so many, I must have a fetish.

Not that I keep them all though. On the occasion that we lose a lead in the 4th qtr, and go on to fall, the hat gets burned in a ceremony conducted in my back yard.

When the loss is to ugag, (4th qtr meltdown or not) all violating articles of GT logoed apparel meet the same fate. I have kept an old weber kettel grill to handle the mournful experience.

On the other hand, the hats worn during big wins are held in reverence. My hat from '90 is a cherished artifact, just like this year's AU lid.
These have done their job, and are retired.

Before next weekend, I will have chosen my rotation for the home stretch from my 20+ available "players".

My wife thinks I am strange..... what's up with her?
wink.gif

Jacket Dude and LLCJ -

I'm in the same boat when it comes to my wife. She thinks my 12 year old son and I are nutty because of some of our rituals. I told her that if all women just thought like men, the world would be a better place. She told me that if all women thought like men, they wouldn't have to think. I'm not sure what she meant.

Originally posted by golftango18yankeejuliet:
Jacket Dude and LLCJ -

I'm in the same boat when it comes to my wife. She thinks my 12 year old son and I are nutty because of some of our rituals. I told her that if all women just thought like men, the world would be a better place. She told me that if all women thought like men, they wouldn't have to think. I'm not sure what she meant.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wow that is to deep for me. Lets talk about something more on my level, like Georgia Tech Football!!! To Hell WIth Georgia!

This is not a superstition, but it is my method of watching Tech on TV. I do not want anybody watching the game with me on TV. I do not want any small talk or commotions when I am watching the Tech game.

To me, it is serious business, and I want no distractions.

Father Time

On that note...if any of you guys have the occasion to buy a Tivo system and have not yet done it, I highly recommend it. If not for the ability to confidently make sure that you never miss anything to do with Ga. Tech, because of the instant replay feature. No longer am I captive to the doggone networks when a good play or controversial play happens. I don't have to wait and see if the network will replay it..I can do it myself.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
This is not a superstition, but it is my method of watching Tech on TV. I do not want anybody watching the game with me on TV. I do not want any small talk or commotions when I am watching the Tech game.

To me, it is serious business, and I want no distractions.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm with you on this one - I don't want to watch with anyone that is less focused on the game than I.

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
Like so many others, my superstition involves hats. I buy so many, I must have a fetish.

Not that I keep them all though. On the occasion that we lose a lead in the 4th qtr, and go on to fall, the hat gets burned in a ceremony conducted in my back yard.

When the loss is to ugag, (4th qtr meltdown or not) all violating articles of GT logoed apparel meet the same fate. I have kept an old weber kettel grill to handle the mournful experience.

On the other hand, the hats worn during big wins are held in reverence. My hat from '90 is a cherished artifact, just like this year's AU lid.
These have done their job, and are retired.

Before next weekend, I will have chosen my rotation for the home stretch from my 20+ available "players".

My wife thinks I am strange..... what's up with her?
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LL this is perfectly normal. My girlfriend says she is going to start up CFA or College Football Anonymous (sp?) for me because she says I have a problem. I tell her that what I do is perfectly normal for a die hard fan.

Back