Slow your roll...

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, if no announcement by tomorrow morning/afternoon, looks to be a no-go.

With the Green Wave (10-2) set to host Central Florida (9-3) on Saturday in the American Athletic Conference championship game, the Atlanta-Journal Constitution reported Georgia Tech had offered its coaching job to Fritz and was trying to get him to accept it immediately, and that if he did not agree to it Sunday, the school likely would move on to other candidates.

I heard Key was a done deal, ink was dry, and then at the last minute he also insisted on hiring Chadwell's entire defensive staff.
Hell, even Key probably wants the Collins "if we fire you it is like winning the lottery" contract. Every agent will be bargaining with that as the starting bid.

Right now it seems our new AD may be messing this thing up royally. I hope that is not the case. But, it does not look great. He has had several weeks to be ready for this moment. By today he should have been ready to announce who will be our next coach. You can be negotiating with agents behind the scene to know what your preferred candidate needs to be ready to accept. If we have messed things up with Chadwell and now may be messing things up with Fritz and are making it clear Key is not a first choice, then I would say we have handled this poorly. And, if reports are that the money folks don’t trust his decision making and are meddling in the process then he has doomed his tenure right off the bat. You can’t control message board craziness, but Tech fans organizing to keep the AD from hiring his preferred candidate is really messed up. We all need to let the man do his job.

Right now it seems our new AD may be messing this thing up royally. I hope that is not the case. But, it does not look great. He has had several weeks to be ready for this moment. By today he should have been ready to announce who will be our next coach. You can be negotiating with agents behind the scene to know what your preferred candidate needs to be ready to accept. If we have messed things up with Chadwell and now may be messing things up with Fritz and are making it clear Key is not a first choice, then I would say we have handled this poorly. And, if reports are that the money folks don’t trust his decision making and are meddling in the process then he has doomed his tenure right off the bat. You can’t control message board craziness, but Tech fans organizing to keep the AD from hiring his preferred candidate is really messed up. We all need to let the man do his job.
No

Was going to post something similar. Starting to look like the work of a novice AD. Things should be more settled by now. We had a large head start.

You can’t control message board craziness, but Tech fans organizing to keep the AD from hiring his preferred candidate is really messed up. We all need to let the man do his job.

he-man-i-have-the-power.gif

Or Batt doesn't trust the "money folks" decision making that they are trying to force in. I find it more likely that a bunch of boosters are going ride or die with Key than they are interfering just because they think Batt is incompetent. Also wouldn't be surprised if this goes tits up because of said boosters leaking the Fritz stuff to the press (a more likely source than within the AA itself, which thus far has been tight lipped in general).

Tech fans organizing to keep the AD from hiring his preferred choice is indeed really messed up, but I blame the fans for that more than the AD.

Or Batt doesn't trust the "money folks" decision making that they are trying to force in. I find it more likely that a bunch of boosters are going ride or die with Key than they are interfering just because they think Batt is incompetent. Also wouldn't be surprised if this goes tits up because of said boosters leaking the Fritz stuff to the press (a more likely source than within the AA itself, which thus far has been tight lipped in general).

Tech fans organizing to keep the AD from hiring his preferred choice is indeed really messed up, but I blame the fans for that more than the AD.

We're going to somehow end up with Mike Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back