Smooov

I saw a lot of bad decisions by Thomas on options. But my biggest concern was he looked so much slower than last year just running. Has he put on weight or something? He looked like he was running with lead shoes.

Totally agree. Last year's JT would have run all over Duke for sure. I think he's lost a step.

The future is grim with the likes of prohibitive favorites Clemson, F$U, dwags on the schedule, and then we have to sweep the remainder of UNC, ThugU, Pitt, UVa, and VPI just to make it to 7-5. I don't believe we will sweep those five either, so where does that leave us?

Spot on. No way we lose two straight games, one against Duke, and then go on to have any kind of decent season. Bowl streak is over.

Guys - he's the same JT. He is losing confidence in the guys around him. We have 1-2 offensive weapons and piss poor blocking. WTF do you expect him to do out there. He's a top 3 QB in the league and top 10 in the country. Let's focus on the issues at hand here. He's also not QB'ing our special teams play or Swiss cheese first half defense.

If you are blaming JT for either of these losses you are an idiot.

Surely you have heard about the record number of missed assignments last week? And that record may have been eclipsed today.

Our offense can't function with 2 and 3 guys in the backfield. That's 100% on the OL.
JT has played bad the last two games plain and simple. The offense as a whole has played bad and PJ has been truly stubborn in trying to force his will on the opposition. We needed to get away from running the B dive on first and second down with regularity and thrown a few passes on those downs. But to defend JT's play is simply ignoring the facts.

Guys - he's the same JT. He is losing confidence in the guys around him. We have 1-2 offensive weapons and piss poor blocking. WTF do you expect him to do out there. He's a top 3 QB in the league and top 10 in the country. Let's focus on the issues at hand here. He's also not QB'ing our special teams play or Swiss cheese first half defense.

"Swiss cheese first half defense" only let in 14 points, unless you want to count the one yard scoring drive Duke had after our punt coverage gave them the ball at the one.

We would have killed for this defense pretty much any other year CPJ has been at Tech. It's a shame it's finally come when the offense is at its least potent.

As a captain of the team he needs to lead by example. He is not making the plays when we have to have them. Still a good player but not a great one. Best we have so just got to keep supporting him and hoping for improvement in leadership and play.

Go Jackets!

This is not JT. This is a horrible O line. It's made even worse because we expected them to be a strength of the team.

That said, JT and the B backs need to work on their mesh some more because it is not always clean.

JT has played bad the last two games plain and simple. The offense as a whole has played bad and PJ has been truly stubborn in trying to force his will on the opposition. We needed to get away from running the B dive on first and second down with regularity and thrown a few passes on those downs. But to defend JT's play is simply ignoring the facts.

"flats noob"

I don't think anyone is saying JT is playing well. I think people are saying he is not the problem. It is tough for JT to play well given the near-nonexistent blocking he's getting.

JT has been short on his throws for the most part. I can only think of 1 overthrow that wasn't due to a WR giving up on the route.

I do think JT improved on getting the 2 yards on a bad play, rather than trying to do too much and losing 5, for this game.

Edge blocking is killing outside the option game. Abacks need to make a freaking block.

Back