Snowflake Ducks?

Rhabdo really can't be any good for conditioning. A lot of times people are working themselves too hard and aren't gaining real strength even if the numbers are going up in the weight room. Neurological adaptation != strength.
I often times see folks in the gym lifting wayyyy more than they should, especially with the curl bar. Young guys like putting a öööö-ton on there and swing it to lift it. I once saw a 20-something skinny kid put 4 - 45's on each side of the smith machine to do some squats. I thought, damn, even for the smith machine, which isn't really weightlifting, that is a bunch for a kid that skinny, but assumed he know what he was doing. He got under it, lifted it from the holder and "WHAM!" the bar crashed to the bottom as he fell out from under it.

It is amazing how many people go into the gym and do lifts they will absolutely pay for with pain when they get my age. I see guys all the time with too much weight on a squat rack doing nothing but bending their knees six inches or so. If you can't squat to the bottom, take weight off the damn bar. I don't even barbell flat bench anymore - just flat dumbell presses.

I often times see folks in the gym lifting wayyyy more than they should, especially with the curl bar. Young guys like putting a öööö-ton on there and swing it to lift it. I once saw a 20-something skinny kid put 4 - 45's on each side of the smith machine to do some squats. I thought, damn, even for the smith machine, which isn't really weightlifting, that is a bunch for a kid that skinny, but assumed he know what he was doing. He got under it, lifted it from the holder and "WHAM!" the bar crashed to the bottom as he fell out from under it.

It is amazing how many people go into the gym and do lifts they will absolutely pay for with pain when they get my age. I see guys all the time with too much weight on a squat rack doing nothing but bending their knees six inches or so. If you can't squat to the bottom, take weight off the damn bar. I don't even barbell flat bench anymore - just flat dumbell presses.
The same people spend most of the time posing in the mirrors

Back