so far!!!!!!!!

techrod

Flats Noob
So far recruiting is going way beyond my wildest dreams. It did seem to start off slow, but the Ball commitment really got it rolling. When one great recruit commits this shows some real validity to the program for other big time potential recruits to understand the seriousness of our football program and where we want to be. This also shows real respect to the football world that the coaching staff means business! This has gotten me very excited, and I truly believe that by my stict valuation system [which I have explained in other post] that this is shaping up to be the best class in 12 or 14 years! The system fyi is based on the offers a recruit has recieved by top 25 programs including how many such offers for each player. So far this exceeding anytime that I can remember. Chan and his staff are really working hard at it, and it's paying off.

Been a great couple of weeks with verbals. On paper about as good as I've seen.

Really been amazing for other ACC teams as well. Kind of hard to tell how these classes turn out down the road for us and others, but this really looks great. UVA, Maryland, and NC ST have done extremely well also.

As I see it where about half way home with number needed for this class. Have to get all these guys signed. It's exciting. Great to see the verbals we have with a solid chance with others that have visited.

We'll find out about Cunningham tomorrow. This GT fan doesn't have a good feeling. That's all it is though, a feeling.

We're in it with some others top rated lineman as well. Still number of players we're looking at that are looking this way.

Guys like Kenny Scott, the other Washington HS guys, and others.

This month so far has been fantastic. Need to keep up the momentum straight through to signing day!

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by techrod:
So far recruiting is going way beyond my wildest dreams. It did seem to start off slow, but the Ball commitment really got it rolling. When one great recruit commits this shows some real validity to the program for other big time potential recruits to understand the seriousness of our football program and where we want to be. This also shows real respect to the football world that the coaching staff means business! This has gotten me very excited, and I truly believe that by my stict valuation system [which I have explained in other post] that this is shaping up to be the best class in 12 or 14 years! The system fyi is based on the offers a recruit has recieved by top 25 programs including how many such offers for each player. So far this exceeding anytime that I can remember. Chan and his staff are really working hard at it, and it's paying off.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks for posting - I'll admit that a couple of comments (made by you) pointed at some of our earlier commits had me concerned. We have to trust Gailey's judgement of talent (and character) of the recruits and it looks like we're getting guys that have a good mix of both.

OTOH, these guys are still only verbal commitments and we still have other needs that haven't been fulfilled by the current group of commitments.

I guess my point is the recruiting wasn't as bad (back then) as it appeared and it isn't as good (today) as it appears. If we can sign our current group of commits and fill some of our other needs (1 or 2 more RBs, 2 or 3 more OLs, 1 or 2 more LBs, cover corners) then on Feb ? (signing day) then we can compare it to previous classes.

Back