So what are we going to call the butthurt crew?

They're just as bad as the assholes who consistently bitched about the option offense even though we were at least the 2nd best offense in the ACC for the last 10 years.

öööö them, and öööö anyone who isn't supporting the new regime.

Put you submissions here for how we refer to those who are going to bitch and moan about everything because we did not hire their preferred coach.

My submission:
Folks Against Geoff (FAGs for short)
Won your own thread in first post.

But there are two types of folks:
(1) those that love PJ and the 3O. They hate to see him go and would love Monken to take his place.

(2) those that don’t want to put themselves out there as happy with anyone. They want to bitch and say this guy or that guy, whoever we hire, will not get the job done. And then, if things go wrong, they can say “I told you so.” These folks have probably been hurt in their past and are too afraid to commit to anyone, even a football coach. They are a sad lot and I pity them but they are annoying as hell too.

Won your own thread in first post.

But there are two types of folks:
(1) those that love PJ and the 3O. They hate to see him go and would love Monken to take his place.

(2) those that don’t want to put themselves out there as happy with anyone. They want to bitch and say this guy or that guy, whoever we hire, will not get the job done. And then, if things go wrong, they can say “I told you so.” These folks have probably been hurt in their past and are too afraid to commit to anyone, even a football coach. They are a sad lot and I pity them but they are annoying as hell too.

3) those that stay quiet and supported CCG, CPJ, and will support CGC because they are GT fans. :crapstorm:

Is there actually a butthurt crew yet? There doesn't seem to be one.

It would seem to me to be pretty premature to name a group which has no members and no defining characteristics yet. I think we need more data. Probably have enough around Game 6.

Is there actually a butthurt crew yet? There doesn't seem to be one.

It would seem to me to be pretty premature to name a group which has no members and no defining characteristics yet. I think we need more data. Probably have enough around Game 6.
It wouldn't be Stingtalk without recriminations. If we can't find an Other to scapegoat and blameshift, we'll make one up.

I must be confused. I loved Coach Johnson and have thoroughly enjoyed the last eleven years.
I was really sad when he retired but I totally understand. Now we have this younger energetic coach.
I absolutely enjoyed his press conference. Seems like a great coach and a great man. Lets give him a
chance, lets root for our team and buy into the change.

Maybe we've found the answer, hope great recruitin keeps the troops interested for the next couple years. Anticipation can carry folks fwd. Could be some fun years coming, lets hope.

3) those that stay quiet and supported CCG, CPJ, and will support CGC because they are GT fans. :crapstorm:
They would not meet the OP’s criteria of giving a name to those who “bitch and moan.”

I think those who love PJ and the 3O will get better, while those that just always have to find a negative will not

06585B27-5913-4372-AFFB-A103A68903E8.png
The Brokeback Johnsons

Last edited:
Back