So What Stunning Upsets Of The Past Would Rival

The Mighty Ducks. Went from cheating to win a pee wee league game to playing Russia for best in the world. Totally legit.

Same scale as The Fast and the Furious 1 where they steal Nokia phones and DVD players to FF 10 where they topple world governments and go to space

Henry V at Agincourt. Rebel Alliance was 2-0 versus Death Stars.

Super Bowl XLII - Wild-Card Giants over Undefeated Patriots

Super Bowl III - AFC Jets over NFC Colts

The Battle Off Samar

The Battle of Midway

The Battle of Rorke’s Drift

The Defeat of the Spanish Armada

David vs Goliath

Last edited:
300 Spartans vs. King Xeres and his Persian army. United Greece and eventually defeated Persia.

That 2007 USC team ended up not being all that elite (7-2 in conference), so I'm not sure their loss to Stanford was really that huge even though the spread was big. I think a GT win could legitimately be the biggest upset in modern CFB history.

A GT upset of the mutts on Saturday? Has a 3-8 or 3-7 team ever knocked off an unbeaten top 5 team?

One win Tech tied number one Notre Dame in 1980. Then, the next year, I think, another Tech team beat Bama in Birmingham and then lost ten in a row.

It is not impossible. Even ESPN says we have a three percent chance of winning. But, the sad thing is that it wouldn't keep Georgia out of the playoffs. People would just say they didn't take the game seriously.

Back