So, What Will Our Record Be This Fall? I Say...

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
3 - 9, I see three teams we can beat: WF, Duke, & Vandy. I say we will lose to one of those three and upset somebody. Now if our coaches and team have a lot of heart and are determined to prove the critics wrong, I could see five wins. They would be the three above, UNC, and either BYU or Clem. Even with a lot of heart and determination our lack of depth will start catching up with us by mid season.

South Georgia Jacket

I will defer until the dust clears. I will probably wait until after Fall Practice just before the games start.

That is sort of like the market, sell on bad news and buy on good news.

wink.gif

SOuth Georgia I think you are on the right track.

Definite Losses: FSU, MD, UVA, NCSU, UGA, BYU, Auburn

Definite WIns: Duke, Vandy

Toss-ups: Clemson, Wake, UNC,

I'm feeling better and better about the money that I am going to win from AHSO!

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
McDaddy, if you win, I will pay you when the market goes back up.

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That will be after we get a dem back in the White House.

Five, possibly six wins. This is bad, but we can still surprise some..IF the right leadership is present. We will see. THWG

It's not Sting Time it's Stink Time..

It's going to be a long,long,year !

The factor in all this that can't be overlooked is the opening 4 games. We will probably be 0-4 going into the Vandy game. The wolves will be at the door by then. The new seats at BDS will have proven to be an embarrassment, filled with as many visitors as Tech fans. TV, radio, newspaper, & websites will all be calling for Gailey's head. Dissention will begin to play an even bigger role with the team than it does now. More players will simply give up.
This is when the wheels will COMPLETELY fall off. The win-loss record from this point on is anyone's guess. 0-12 is a possibility, 4 wins is the best-case scenerio.
The big question is whether Braine survives this, or will he wait too long and be flushed with Gailey.
BOO

I'm glad so many have read their crystal balls so I'm gona go out and place bets against Tech in every game. That way I'll end up a winner over the whole season. Bull, I think Tech will end up fine maybe not what you or I would want but still fine. After all that has happened to the team I expect extra effort from all who put on the white and gold. I am and will always be until my dying breath a ramblin wreck from Georgia Tech! Up with the white and gold and down with the Red and Black. To Hell with Georgia!

"crystal balls" is right, OF. Any hint of adversity and these guys' balls smash into teeny little shards.

Well if BS is right, Ahso wont be paid for a long time.

We will win 3 games because the bottom of the ACC is sooooo bad. In a tight one, we win or lose in the last 2 minutes in Nashville.

Everybody better have a good time tailgating, cuz it don't look good after kickoff.

Originally posted by MacDaddy2:
SOuth Georgia I think you are on the right track.

Definite Losses: FSU, MD, UVA, NCSU, UGA, BYU, Auburn

Definite WIns: Duke, Vandy

Toss-ups: Clemson, Wake, UNC,

I'm feeling better and better about the money that I am going to win from AHSO!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think BYU will be a winnable game. Call it a tossup.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ahsoisee:
McDaddy, if you win, I will pay you when the market goes back up.

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That will be after we get a dem back in the White House.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">tweet!!

15 yds for political post hoping for a dem wit to win the WH.
tongue.gif

To tell the truth, I'm still pulling for a winning season. I say it still boils down to QB play. If the REAL GT QB stands up it could be a fun year.

O-Line
Foschi
Dorsey
Robinson
Reilly
Honeycutt
Wallace
Backfield
QB
Daniels, Ace, Grant, Hatch
Matthews, Dixon, Johnson, Jackson
Receivers
Curry
Fred
Thomas
Logan
McGuire
D-Line
Gathers
Parker
Newberry/Wrotto/Brezina
Henderson
Pullen
Linebackers
Ather
Daryl
Key
Tabugbo (tie-BOO-bo, learn to say it now)
Gerris
Chirod
DBs
Houston
Davis
Reis
Landry
Burton
Butler
Harris
Gilliam
Cox

and assorted others (including the rest of the '03 class )&lt;&lt;&lt;CLICK

I'm glad you brought it up that way, gnats. If Bilbo, who I am looking to, (or any of our other QBs play decently, I think we have a "GEM" in Grant, who will shine and hopefully with increased FullBack play (esp. Matthews and Dixon) I think we could possibly have a good running stable (esp. throwing in Ace, P.J.,Hatch et al).
I am optimistic about our o Line and our entire Defense (heavily dependent on the year Gathers and Henderson will have). I am excited about Henderson , that young man is "jacked".
If we can just see an emotional/mental recovery I think we could be a fair to good team. I certainly am not conceding to BYU.....I look forward to a win!!

The pudding is on the field (TO COME). Not in the press or situations going on now. We'll see how things unfold.

I think there is good wisdom in Ahsoisee post on how we should view this.

I'm going to wait and see what happens during two a days in late summer.

QB play, which has been talked about a lot, will be a huge key.

There are young men on our team that can play this game. We'll see how the team comes together building towards opening day and on from there.

GO JACKETS!

Originally posted by gnats 67:
To tell the truth, I'm still pulling for a winning season. I say it still boils down to QB play. If the REAL GT QB stands up it could be a fun year.

O-Line
Foschi
Dorsey
Robinson
Reilly
Honeycutt
Wallace
Backfield
QB
Daniels, Ace, Grant, Hatch
Matthews, Dixon, Johnson, Jackson
Receivers
Curry
Fred
Thomas
Logan
McDaniel
D-Line
Gathers
Parker
Newberry/Wrotto/Brezina
Henderson
Pullen
Linebackers
Ather
Daryl
Key
Tabugbo (tie-BOO-bo, learn to say it now)
Gerris
Chirod
DBs
Houston
Davis
Reis
Landry
Burton
Butler
Harris
Gilliam
Cox

and assorted others (including the rest of the '03 class )&lt;&lt;&lt;CLICK
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks!! That's another great way to view this, the young men playing on the team we love!

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by techsamillion:
I'm glad you brought it up that way, gnats. If Bilbo, who I am looking to, (or any of our other QBs play decently, I think we have a "GEM" in Grant, who will shine and hopefully with increased FullBack play (esp. Matthews and Dixon) I think we could possibly have a good running stable (esp. throwing in Ace, P.J.,Hatch et al).
I am optimistic about our o Line and our entire Defense (heavily dependent on the year Gathers and Henderson will have). I am excited about Henderson , that young man is "jacked".
If we can just see an emotional/mental recovery I think we could be a fair to good team. I certainly am not conceding to BYU.....I look forward to a win!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">YES! GO JACKETS!

I know some probably hold their heads at how up beat I am. I love GT. Not that we're perfect. I'm not perfect, but I focuse on the player we have that can line up and win. I look forward to winning.

grin.gif

Back