So which conference does the New ACC...

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I see Maryland, Boston College and GT being the biggest beneficiaries, with Clemson and NCState making slight gains.

FSU and Miami already dominated Florida. Clemson did very well in South Carolina but should reverse USC's modest gains.

NCState should improve slightly in south Florida since it makes even more sense to go to NCState over Iowa or whomever.

Maryland is taking advantage already and winning battles they might have lost before with Big 10 and Big East schools.

All the rest of the schools willl shore up their borders. Since New England and Georgia lose the most talent to out of 'state' schools of all those involved, we should gain the most.

This helps us in Florida and to some degree in Georgia also....Kids want to play in the very best of conferences....The Florida kids can also feel good that they can come to GT and been seen on TV and every other year have a trip back to their state.......

hurt the most in recruiting?? The fact that we now belong to imho the deepest Football conference in America as espn stated...Which conference does it hurt the most as far as losing some recruits they otherwise may have gotten??

I do know that it already has played a factor in our recruiting..Travis Chambers said it made his choice easier and it came down to Alabama and the sec AND GT and the ACC for Brown...In times past we could and often times lost a recruit because he wanted to play in the sec....This changes dramatically now...

The big east.

But seriously, several big name recruits in North Carolina are going to Maryland instead of UT or UGA for one example.

Gtcrew..NO doubt the sec loses the most as far as recruiting....No longer can uga say to a recruit that with them you can play in the sec and with GT you get..well you know the ACC...It doesnt wash anymore..Same with Fsu, Miami...Going against UF in recruiting...Or Clemson against S.C.. We all have a conference in the ACC now that we can go against ANYONE...As i stated before if you look at the 12 possible slots in the BCS championship game over the 1st 6 years they have had that game...The teams that represent the NEW ACC have filled 6 of those slots (Fsu, Miami,VT) the sec and big twelve have only had 2 slots filled....6 vs.2 that is telling.....In fact this is the 1st year we dont have a team out of our collection of 12 that hasnt been in that game.....

The ACC is upgrading in big way, but that doesn't take away the strength of some of other conferences.

The New ACC NOW will take some recruits from other conferences that they would otherwise have gotten..In the sec in particular because of the Location of both conferences......The sec can no longer sway a recruit by saying they are the Premier conference....We see it already in some of our recruits/Commits already.....

It seemed the Local Atlanta media did not get all that excited during the Summer about the expansion...I can see why......Other Media outlets outside Atlanta gave it a lot more coverage.....

Very good points BW.

It makes zero sense that the ACC can upgrade it's talent without at least one conference suffering a loss in talent.

IF the ACC is upgrading its talent (true IMHO) Then the Big East and the SEC (more than the others IMHO) will see a decrease in their talent level.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
The New ACC NOW will take some recruits from other conferences that they would otherwise have gotten..In the sec in particular because of the Location of both conferences......The sec can no longer sway a recruit by saying the are the Premier conference....We see it already in some of our recruits/Commits already.....

It seemed the Local Atlanta media did not get all that excited during the Summer about the expansion...I can see why......Other Media outlets outside Atlanta gave it a lot more coverage.....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I would think the Big East loses more than anyone, since they lose (arguably) their 2 best teams.

I don't really follow the reasoning that the new ACC will help Tech's recruiting. Winning is what will help more than anything.

10 years ago when the SEC was better than it is today, were Vanderbilt and Ole Miss benefitting in recruiting from being in the SEC? I would say absolutely not. The reams that benefitted were the teams that were winning. which in turn were the teams that made the conference strong in the first place.

I'm glad we're in a stronger conference, but I don't see how it helps us that much. Any kid who is attracted to the ACC because of Miami probably wants to play FOR Miami, not AGAINST them...

Well it sure helped with David Brown and Travis Chambers as they chose GT and the New Acc over sec competition...Travis Chambers (In the paper) Stated that the NEW ACC WAS the difference....Both Chan and Dave Braine said it WOULD help GT...Ive heard others here say it benefitted GT more than some of the other ACC members....Gt has gotten close on so many prospects in the past and MANY of them said they wanted to play in the sec and that is why they chose Auburn Ugag or UT....That wont be much of a hinderence any more!!!!!

And to touch on your other point...YES when Miami and VT joined this put the ACC up there as argubaly the BEST conference...Most recruits want to play in a very good conference and get recognized. As an athlete you want to play against the VERY best....

chilidog...

am I way out there when I predict that the Miami kids that do not make the cut for UMF will want to play against UMF more than they would want to play in another league altogether?

there is no doubt that this will hurt the SEC the most and school wise it will hurt UFl and UGAg in that order quite a bit. Maryland and Vagina will also benefit in their local markets, i.e. Maryland will get kids destined for Penn State or Pitt in the old days. ITS ALL GOOD!

I hope the coaches make a BIG DEAL out of this in recruiting this year. "We need you to help us beat Miami and then in the Championship, beat FSU" Its a big time stage for sure.

Hey, it is even hurting the Big 12, as we pull recruits out of Texas. But mainly SEC for football and baseball, and Big East for hoops.

But the main thing is each school has to capitalize on the opportunity. I think we are having a great recruiting year. Staff stability is surely the main reason, but the expanded ACC is another arrow in our recruiting quiver.

But didnt it just tickle you guys to see the Atlanta pro-sec media not give it the Headline story as most of the rest of the country...Who was it Bark Madley or one of those columnists that wrote that the sec was still better...It was a laugh...I know it will hurt the sec the most ANd they know it...You could just read between the lines when Kramer kept speaking about it and then Frank Broyles(Although i will always Love him due his Tech ties) kept slamming the ACC and warned that we would go after an sec school and possibly UF....Imho...it cuts into the sec as far as recruiting goes.And they know it..No doubt about it....

Back