So ... who (besides me) really wished that ...

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
... Lil' Joe would have suited up and played the 2nd half?
wink.gif

Honestly, his introduction was the loudest the stadium got on Saturday and a lot of people were out getting food, smoking, etc. during half time.

BBR

techrod, Vick would probably have the offense figured out by now.

Don't mean this as a slight to Bilbo (I think he's young and working his way through things). Just get tired of some of the crap some of our "fans" continue to post.

BBR made a comment about Joe being there, how the crowd responded, and wishing he'd suit up the 2nd half. Others have turned this into a bash on Coach Gailey and AJ. Makes me sick how everything gets turned into a Coach Gailey bashing, AJ bashing, or assistant coach bashing.

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
BBR made a comment about Joe being there, how the crowd responded, and wishing he'd suit up the 2nd half. Others have turned this into a bash on Coach Gailey and AJ. Makes me sick how everything gets turned into a Coach Gailey bashing, AJ bashing, or assistant coach bashing.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree... the p(i)ssimissim is sad

nc, in terms of the crap that's posted, I assume you mean things like DB only knows about 5 plays? THWG

I definitely wouldn't have wanted to see Big Joe suit up for the second half. He is recovering from a knee injury and wouldn't have been very effective at all.
grin.gif

But, seriously I know what you meant.

I think some of you will realize at season's end why we don't see more of Bilbo...if the rumors I hear are true.

I was disgusted and frustrated with QB play the last two games. AJ can sustain a drive but can't seem to help us score enough. Unfortunately some of you seem to think AJ isn't the best we've got...which is the reality I think we're faced with.

Anyway, keep bashing CCG and AJ, but it's time to start hating UGA and not our own.

THWG

I don't get the rumors part. Call me stupid but why aren't we being told straight up? We're obviously dying to know. I can't imagine what purpose is being served by keeping a secret.
Sorry, don't like it.

What is wrong with DBo playing PRIMARILY and letting AJ sub when the freshman gets confused/out of control? AJ could analyze the Off problems from the bench.Dbo would offer the continous athleticsm needed.
btw-If you like 7-5,you will love next yr with AJ.Then in 2 yrs we will have a another inexperienced QB to start and you will beg for a 7-5.

GTFlunkout, to me, it is not why Bilbo is not playing, it is why someone else has not been tried. If Camp is not capable, then we have other options we could have used.

Maybe Landry and Logan are not great passers, so what, they are great runners, and they can't be much worse on passing than our performance so far this year.

Why, we might even have been able to mix in a few option plays. I don't care what team in the nation we are talking about or what QB, when your QB is ranking last in the conference statistics and most all the fans see an innefective offense, you change QBs, regardless of who you put in his place.

Like I stated in another post, put in the right tackle if you have to. Do something, don't keep making the same mistake over and over.

It is really telling and obvious when we use the excuse that the backup quarterbacks are not ready yet, and then we stick a WR in the quarterback slot during the games. Does that seem a little strange?

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Not fussing at you flunkout, just venting.

I'll take a guess that GTFlunkout is saying Bilbo is going to be another Jermaine Crenshaw. If I remember in 2000 after a good performance against FSU, Crenshaw disappeared completely rarely if ever playing. Suddenly, Andy Hall started playing ahead of him. Frankly, I think this rumor may be a product of this "he only knows a few plays" line we are hearing from Gailey. If the rumor is true, then Brian Camp should be the number #2 quarterback. I don't thnk Gailey would have Bilbo out there at all if this was the case. I would be ridiculous not to get Camp some playing time if he is Suggs backup next year.

It was great to see Joe Hamilton at the game.

Unfortunately, if Joe had been available to play against Duke, Chan Gailey's affinitiy for AJ is so strong that Joe would probably have been riding the pine behind AJ, just like Bilbo is.

Bilbo looked very sharp in the few plays that he got to play. The most poised that I have seen him.

Just imagine if O'leary had squandered Joe Hamilton's R-freshman year like Chan has squandered Bilbo's.

A shame, really.

BW - We haven't seen enough of Bilbo to determine if he could go the distance of a full game and now's not the time to be experimenting...

Back