Solutions?

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
I really do not see much we can do about the situation from the board perspective at present.

We are 1-3 and the team will play Vanderbilt on Saturday. If we win, then the next test will be NCSU. At this particular time, the odds would be against us beating NCSU with their passing game and Rivers.

If we lose to Vanderbilt, we would be 1-4 with great odds of losing the NCSU game. That would make us 1-5 with two big games against an improved Wake Forest and a good Maryland team

The Gailey coaching record is being accumulated on its own and will be the deciding factor in his retention or dismissal.

I would imagine the money backers already have their ducks in a row and are probably making plans as we play with the board.

Even if Gailley is coaching at the end of the year, but is notified of termination to be effective at the end of the year, we would probably have another coach named to replace him. The recruits would most likely base their decisions on the quality and name of the new coach.

If the team perks up, corrects its problems, and finishes strong, then all of this would be a moot point.

It appears there is nothing we can do about the situation except to support the team and hope for victories for the young men of the football team. I don't think I am going to make any more comments about the coaching situation until after the NCSU game.

I might enter into some discussions about his chances at that time. Until then, I am going to "hide and watch".

If any discussions appear regarding prospective coaches, I will probably enter those discussions just to give my opinion on a prospective coach.

Most likely the script will be written by the end of the NCSU game. I think the situation will work itself out without any further remarks by myself or most others on this board.

Now,back to the regularly scheduled prrogramming.

Father Time

Ahso - I agree completely with your post. I really hope that,if we don't win 8 games, that we don't end up in the gray area of 4-7 wins.I really don't believe the infighting between the Tech fan base is of any long term benefit to the program.I am hoping that the data is conclusive enough that whatever decision is needed will be agreed upon by all.Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part.

Is getting a little strange around here, isn't it? Maybe some of these die-hard complainers have the monetary resources and influence to back up their opinions, if they feel that strongly. Just not worth the time, or energy, to get into an internet argument with them over the current coaching situation.
rolleyes.gif

it was very nice meeting you Saturday, sir!

Can't decide if we quit, got outcoached, or simply outplayed. Want to watch the replay on Tuesday night before making strong statements.

You had to know it was going to be a challenge getting the kids to maintain their current level of play after the near win in Tally.

I'll be VERY, VERY disappointed if they fold the tents at Vandy. Absolutely no reason not to expect a double digit win over them this week.

I tend to disagree on the importance of the NC State game. Chan's job is safe unless he loses to Vandy, Duke or UNC. Gailey can lose the big games, there aren't too many people who expect to win them. He cannot afford to lose to small timers. (Personally, I think flunkgate gets him another year or two even if he only wins three or four games).

One would have to hope that we maul Vandy and Duke. UNC will be an interesting matchup. They cannot stop anyone (they may have the worst defense I've ever seen) but they can score some points. (Durant is a gamer. There is no telling what he could be with some talent around him).

Very sensible thread. Thanks Ahso for your observations which I personally feel very comfortable with.
Good thoughts throughout by all other contributors.
Personally believe there is going to have to be a huge morale adjustment after this week or Vandy won't be Candy, but a RedHot and will scortch us. I have never seen so many Techsters leave a game so early; that is(unless it was) since Hershel's last one played at BDS@GF.

Interesting comments.It looks like we are headed directly toward the predicted 4-8.maybe differently than thought but with no offense ,the def will quit and/or die.Left a lot in Tally for a loss.

Back