Some observations from the game

I didn't go to the game looking for points of classlessness in the ga program, but I found some:

1. The PA announcer was a total homer. It was all very unofficial. He would say things like "let's call it a two yard game" and "third and a long three". The second one was annoying because he was usually off base. The man doing this job is a very self-absorbed individual.

2. Again with the PA announcer; when we would get a first down, there would be no mention of it. However, when they got a first down, it was like he handed the mic to Oprah to bring the house down. Again, very unofficial.

3. Who was running the play clock? I assume it was an ACC officiating crew. There must have been some technical difficulties. This affected the game clock, as well. This has nothing to do with the ga program.

4. They had to shut down the jumbotron at one point, but for the remainder of the game.

5. Prior to them shutting down the jtron, they would pan to the crowd or some people standing outside the hedges. We went up by ten and the people they were showing on the jtron had these happy-go-lucky "go dogs" faces on. It was like they were on prozac or something. Not once was there a concerned look on their faces. What is up with that? We had just gone up!

6. At the end of the game, they shut down all of the scoreboards around the club level. I guess this was to avoid anyone getting a photo-op. Classy.

Back