Somone please tell me that Gailey has a writer

BEESerk

Flats Noob
for his "updates" at www.coachgailey.com! That would explain a lot.

You can read his latest here:

Vandy Game

I was already a littel worried, and then I read this:

"On special teams , the game ball goes to Reggie Ball who played exceptionally well early and late"

uhhhhhhhhhhhh, okay???? That one just left me bewildered. I was actually concerned when I read his first statement though:

"It was one of the most exciting finishes for Georgia Tech in a couple of years"

No it was not exciting. It was depressing and and I am simply thankful that we pulled a miracle out to win it. I am happy for Reggie and what he can learn from it.

It was exciting in Raleigh last year when we put it all together to beat a 9-0 NCSU team in their home stadium. It was exciting when we beat Auburn this year at BDS.

It is exciting when you do something you weren't suppoed to do. It is exciting when you beat your arch rival by 1 point or 50. It is not exciting to almost be embarrassed by Vandy. I am just not sure what Gailey is trying to say here.

"We hope this is something, as we are learning every week with a young team, that we know we can come back at any time and win a ball game on offense or defense."

Say what???? I certainly think they can learn a lot from this game. Especially that they will beat inferior teams if they are focused and prepared, but to come from behind? There is nothing to suggest we could come from behind against an average to better than average team. What are we going to come from behind with?

Before everyone jumps all over me... I am sure that I am reading way too much into his words. However, I just can't follow the logic that appears in a lot of his thoughts. These are purely my opinions, but he scares me more and more everytime he gives a "quote". Luckily, media savvy has little to do with coaching ability.

Honestly, I would just assume he didn't speak too much (and I won't ask any questions). I just assume he put his team on the field at this point and let the performances speak for themselves. I am still giving Gailey his deserved fair chance. I have not waivered from that. He is just making it incredibly hard to be a fan of his.

you know what .. i was bewildered with that special teams comment regarding Reggie Ball as well. lol .. someone should catch that and correct it .. golly. Ball is a special player though.

after that .. i'm sorry .. but it was a VERY exciting finish.

here you go ..

exciting: to rouse to an emotional response, to arouse (as a strong emotional response) by appropriate stimuli.

you say you were depressed? well that will qualify as an emotional response. anyways .. you along with thousands of vandy fans were depressed.

i was overjoyed. i fess up .. there was no way in my mind that we were going to put up a 90 yard drive to tie that game. it was totally unexpected as far as i am concerned. it excited me beyond anything.

yeah the NC St game was exciting, the Auburn game was exciting, hell the FSU game was exciting too. but the vandy game was definitely the most exciting game in Gailey's tenure as HC at Tech and in the last couple of years.

the last Tech game that would qualify as more exciting would be .. well .. the Clemson game when Watkins made "the catch".

since then there have been exciting games but only leading to depressing losses. (what do you know though, people like you can be depressed by wins as well.)

Maryland '01, Clemson '01, UVa '01, Clemson '02, Wake '02, FSU '02, FSU '03. all exciting but depressing.

say what???? lol. i'm sorry that you were depressed by the win BEESerk. you and shadyjacket both.

yes, we are learning every week, we are a young team. uhhh .. what is your point here? this is the first come from behind win for a true freshman quarterback. it doesn't count for anything? so what if it's against vandy .. hell if he couldn't have done it against vandy .. how would he do it against supposedly better opposition? make some sense please.

say what????

what are we going to come from behind with? uhhh .. Reggie Ball, the special teams player.

of course these are purely your opinions and it is clear that you are prejudiced. all in my opinion.

say what?????????

Originally posted by ylojk8:
you know what .. i was bewildered with that special teams comment regarding Reggie Ball as well. lol .. someone should catch that and correct it .. golly. Ball is a special player though.

after that .. i'm sorry .. but it was a VERY exciting finish.

here you go ..

exciting: to rouse to an emotional response, to arouse (as a strong emotional response) by appropriate stimuli.

you say you were depressed? well that will qualify as an emotional response. anyways .. you along with thousands of vandy fans were depressed.

i was overjoyed. i fess up .. there was no way in my mind that we were going to put up a 90 yard drive to tie that game. it was totally unexpected as far as i am concerned. it excited me beyond anything.

yeah the NC St game was exciting, the Auburn game was exciting, hell the FSU game was exciting too. but the vandy game was definitely the most exciting game in Gailey's tenure as HC at Tech and in the last couple of years.

the last Tech game that would qualify as more exciting would be .. well .. the Clemson game when Watkins made "the catch".

since then there have been exciting games but only leading to depressing losses. (what do you know though, people like you can be depressed by wins as well.)

Maryland '01, Clemson '01, UVa '01, Clemson '02, Wake '02, FSU '02, FSU '03. all exciting but depressing.

say what???? lol. i'm sorry that you were depressed by the win BEESerk. you and shadyjacket both.

yes, we are learning every week, we are a young team. uhhh .. what is your point here? this is the first come from behind win for a true freshman quarterback. it doesn't count for anything? so what if it's against vandy .. hell if he couldn't have done it against vandy .. how would he do it against supposedly better opposition? make some sense please.

say what????

what are we going to come from behind with? uhhh .. Reggie Ball, the special teams player.

of course these are purely your opinions and it is clear that you are prejudiced. all in my opinion.

say what?????????
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No ifs, ands, or buts...it was a pathetic game. The playcalling was absolutely atrocious throughout. Yes, the bootleg was FINALLY used in overtime, but this freakin game shouldnt have been close with the talent we have. We dont have much depth, but we have plenty of talent to take care of Vandy and at least make Clemson earn it. I guess everybody is still giddy about the Auburn win. I am still trying to be fair and see what you guys see that Gailey is the man to beat Mark Richt, win a lot of football games, and compete for the ACC Championship- which is what Gailey said and knows is his goal as a HC at GT. Get a new AD so I can have trust that someone who knows what they are doing as AD has faith in Gailey and I will sit back and shut up. Ross had time because we trusted Homer. Lewis didnt because Homer made a mistake, admitted it (although the writing was on the wall in 1993 and we were 5-6 by the way), and made a change. We dont have that and Gailey doesnt have that. To be fair to everyone-Braine needs to go for the future of GT football, Gailey, and the club seats in the east!

Before everyone jumps all over me... I am sure that I am reading way too much into his words.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Gailey is just trying to make hay out of what may have been the last win of the year, unless we edge out UNC.

Gnome is again right, in that expectations have fallen so much that we will feel successful if we can eek out a 4 win season.

I agree that a win is a win, but somehow this looks like a lot different team early than win we came back vs. Central Florida and Godsey went on to lead us to a good year. I will never complain about a win, it is the blowout losses that concern me. The 51-7's and 39-3's, that obviously point to motivation problems, preparation problems or both.

Beserk-
You stated that you don't know what he was trying to say. He was trying to say exactly what you quoted him as saying - an exciting "FINISH" and it was unless you're a Vandy fan. Iwatched it on ppv and sat there thinking we were going to lose and then the drive and one offensive play in overtime and then the interception - well if you're a Tech fan and watched it live, the finish should have been exciting. Now the rest of the game is a different story.

Since I missed all of the game except the last three or four minutes, I would have to say the game was exciting for me, at least the part I had a chance to follow.

It is always exciting and exhilirating when you win a game you thought you had lost. I guess the moral to the story is "never give up".

Father Time

Back