Spinich picked us to lose to Duke

CPJ's job isn't just to have the offense run smoothly. It's also to have the players ready to play, which has been a big problem this season. We've seen the same dumb plays and penalties late in the season that we saw early in the season. Our special teams continue to be an issue in his third season, one that cost us the game in Blacksburg this year.

I'm not saying he should be fired or that we should even consider it. But I think there is legitimate criticism of him this season.
I really believe that the 2012 season will be the make or break season for PJ.If he fails to win at minimum, 9 games ,he will resign. JMO.

This thread is chock full of fail

We will beat Duke. It will not be close. Jesus people

Unbelievable. It's not even like we're losing games by large amounts except for Miami and Clemson. Kansas, Virginia Tech, and even to a certain extent NC State were all winnable games. We're not getting the luck on our side like we had last year. Sometimes that's the difference between a good team and the team we seem to have.

GA Tech will not lose to Duke.

Their top runner, Desmond Scott, is averaging 50 ypg, and Renfree's passed for a boatload of yards against lesser competition. He's thrown 15 INT's and 12 TD's this year, and his net rushing is -19 yards. He passed for over 300 yards against Elon, Wake, Maryland and Navy, and for under 200 against Alabama, Miami and VPI.

Though he does have a couple of nice receivers, Duke is pretty one-dimensional, and we should be able to sit back and wait on him to throw like we did against VPI.

They are 111th in total D (we are 59th by comparison), allowing 31 points to Navy and 35 points to Army, and neither of them has a QB that can throw it as well as Tevin does (though that feels very odd to type).

Tomorrow is a huge game for us. Going 5-5 has been bad enough, but my bigger concern has been that CPJ may have lost this team. They lack enthusiasm and toughness. Sitting low in lower west the sideline has seemed to lack cohesion at times. The players just seem to lack some of the buy in necessary to be successful. I thought they rallied for VPI and played a good game there. But, with the loss I fear they are just playing out the string.

That makes this week huge. We should beat Duke at home. To, me a loss would indicate pretty big problems with this team. A good performance would go a long way to restore confidence and get us ready for UGA, a bowl, and next season. A loss, 5-7, and no bowl is not good for this program.

I will lean toward voting that CPJ gets us ready to play well, as well as we did against UVA. GT - 28 Duke 17

I'm not usually in the Dinich-hate crowd (ignore is more common), but seriously, dook? Fok her. :mad:

We would have to beat ourselves. Are we capable of beating ourselves? Unfortunately, yes. Am I going to bet on it? Hell no! :angryfire:

Back