Spinich picked us to lose to Duke

And we lost all of Gailey's players and we are left with these nobodies who obviously can't play Div. 1 football...

Nesbitt
Bedford
Claytor
Barrick
Melton
Jones
Peeples
Peters
Walls
Jefferson
Sylvester
Egbunwie
Reese
Butler
Tarrant

all Gailey players

They beat UVa 55-48, beat Navy 34-31, lost to WF 54-48... so they've proven an ability to score. They're using Renferee as a drop back qb and some other cat as a running qb. I heard Cutcliffe say on Barnhart and Durham that they aren't a two quarterback team, they're a two offense team.

So, we beat WF when they lost to them and beat UVA much worse than they did, but we're supposed to lose to them? I would be somewhat worried if it was away and they were playing at an utterly dead Duke stadium like 2003, but they'll be at home on senior day. I think they'll do alright, a bit closer than we would like maybe but they'll pull away in the 3rd quarter.

And we lost all of Gailey's players and we are left with these nobodies who obviously can't play Div. 1 football...

Georgia is, what, 5-6? Clearly they are full of players who "obviously can't play Div. 1 football." Their troubles have nothing to do with a freshman QB, clearly the QB can't play Div. 1 football.

Immediately after which we fired the second-most important coach on the staff, which is a little more than questioning.

You mean the guy that didn't force a punt in two straight games? If the second most important guy isn't getting the job done, what do you do?

You mean the guy that didn't force a punt in two straight games? If the second most important guy isn't getting the job done, what do you do?

You fire him. I wholeheartedly agreed with the decision.

But yellowandnaked said it was dumb to question the coaches since we just came off of such a good year. CPJ didn't even question Wommack, he just fired him, so by his own standards having a good record last season isn't a reason not to question someone. He's not immune to criticism just because we won the ACC last season.

But yellowandnaked said it was dumb to question the coaches since we just came off of such a good year. CPJ didn't even question Wommack, he just fired him, so by his own standards having a good record last season isn't a reason not to question someone. He's not immune to criticism just because we won the ACC last season.
wommack had no record of success and record of 2 years of under performance given the talent, it wasn't just firing after 1 bad year..

We need to hire a catching coach. This coach must know the intracacies of teaching student athletes how to catch the football whether it be a pitch or a pass. Maybe a snap count coach as well.

Wommack was never successful. CPJ has been wildly successful in a way we havent seen in a while. CPJ won despite the crap that Wommack put on the field. Two totally different situations.

If our offense was around 110th and went a number of games without scoring a point, just as our defense was around 110th last year and went games without forcing a punt, I would also be questioning CPJ.

That's not the case though. We're 1st in the nation in rushing offense and 46th or so in total offense. We have executions issues with our offense being so young, pushing down the points scored to 60th or so in the nation, but our offense is nowhere near as bad this year as our defense was last year.

If our offense was around 110th and went a number of games without scoring a point, just as our defense was around 110th last year and went games without forcing a punt, I would also be questioning CPJ.

That's not the case though. We're 1st in the nation in rushing offense and 46th or so in total offense. We have executions issues with our offense being so young, pushing down the points scored to 60th or so in the nation, but our offense is nowhere near as bad this year as our defense was last year.

CPJ's job isn't just to have the offense run smoothly. It's also to have the players ready to play, which has been a big problem this season. We've seen the same dumb plays and penalties late in the season that we saw early in the season. Our special teams continue to be an issue in his third season, one that cost us the game in Blacksburg this year.

I'm not saying he should be fired or that we should even consider it. But I think there is legitimate criticism of him this season.

I don't think I can remember Duke being favored against us. Not since Spurrier was there. Yikes.

Back