Sporting News article on ACC

I do agree that Tommy Bowden will start to feel the heat next year. Danztler bailed his team out in some games last year and Although Simmons is a quality QB he is no Danztler.

I am not convinced that FSU will jump back to national dominance. It is true that Rix played better toward the end of the year, but that was against weaker competition.

also as a side note on Rix do not be surprised if he starts to feel the heat on his starting job. FSU has many great backups (McPhearson (?), Walker). Both of these will be itching to take Rix's spot. Rix is great at throwing the deep ball but he floats his throws over the middle and is prone to interceptions. I also question the coaching. We will have to see but they lost too many games last year to think that they can snap their fingers and make it better. IMO

I see FSU losing 3 again next year maybe 4.

FSU loses to Miami, UF, one acc team (hopefully us), they also have tough games against Louisville and Iowa St.

I am also not convinced that MD will be competitive next year. I think they will finish no better than 4th in conference. For all people who want to crown Fridge the next Bobby Dodd show me who they beat last year. The best team they beat was US, and we werent that great. But for sideline play they lose that game.

Of course FSU is still the favorite to win the conference, but I think the teams to look out for are NCST, VA, and NC in that order. I still think GT has an excellent shot at winning the conference if we can good QB play. With good QB play we should finish no worse than 2nd and end up in Gator Bowl.

Good analysis, Law. One thing I will say on the Clemson situation. TB has tried to mold that team into an FSU type deal with a Charlie Ward type QB. It aint gonna work. 2001 was the beginning of his downfall, IMO.
I've noticed that he doesn't sign many linemen, and the linemen he signs seem to be too small. I just don't think they can recruit the kind of athlete that is needed to win like FSU wins...with finesse offense, and quick defense.
Notice the Reggie Herring, the DC, left to take the same job at Ole Miss. That should be a sign that something is wrong over in DV.

Back