Sporting News?

71YellowJacket

Damn Good Rat
Just returned from a trip to the dentist, where I read the August 11 issue; first time I have picked up this magazine.

Anyway, within the ACC our ranking isn't so great; little higher on defense than offense. But the rating that leaped off the page was a 8 out of 9 for the coaching staff; leading only Duke.

Does this mag have any creditability?

Back to the old grind, huh!

wink.gif

Originally posted by 71YellowJacket:
Just returned from a trip to the dentist, where I read the August 11 issue; first time I have picked up this magazine.

Anyway, within the ACC our ranking isn't so great; little higher on defense than offense. But the rating that leaped off the page was a 8 out of 9 for the coaching staff; leading only Duke.

Does this mag have any creditability?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I noticed this, as well. Funny that they out Baby Bowdon ahead of CCG, and listed him as one of the coaches on the "hot seat". Perhaps they based it mainy on experience at their current positions?

They are just about as credible as this message board. Opinions, thats it.Good or bad it doesn't
drinking.gif
mean a thing till the games are played.

It's "what have you done for me lately". Face it, Chan is 7-6 so far. Who would you put him ahead of? Those types of ratings change every year depending on how the season goes.

I hold in my hands a copy of the 1994 Sporting News preview rag. It lists the "best coaching staff" in the ACC as "Georgia Tech". 'Nuff said?

I think they also had Richt and staff at Georgeee Near the bottom after his 1st year.....My how these idiot writers jump on bandwagons SO QUICK....

Back