Spring Bal Preview - Position by Postion - DBs

Many posts state that the we should be strong and DB next year.
I may be only remembering the plays we got burned on, but the secondary did not make a good impression on me last year.
I was watching the VT game last week and saw Sweeting and some others messing up time and time again.

We were good in Man coverage but sucked in Zone. Especially cover 2 zone.

Many posts state that the we should be strong and DB next year.
I may be only remembering the plays we got burned on, but the secondary did not make a good impression on me last year.
I was watching the VT game last week and saw Sweeting and some others messing up time and time again.

Yes, that game was a true "head scratcher". Time after time, we were in position to make a play and just didn't get the job done. I thought Groh called a good game, but the execution just wasn't there.

We were good in Man coverage but sucked in Zone. Especially cover 2 zone.

I was screaming all season long everytime I saw us in cover 2 or cover 8 (Inverted cover 2 where the CB play the deep half, S play curl/flat, and OLB plays flats) because you have to be able to get pressure because the softs spots in the zone are easy throws for average QBs.

Also, this particular group, especially IJ, has to get better at run support. Maybe Holton can provide that support. I just get disgusted by watching DBs from Bama coming up "filling the funnel" on run plays.

Back