Spring Game Thoughts

Agree except for Whitehead--he will be important and was in on several tackles. Yeah, Jordan isn't ready yet, but he demonstrated toughness and the ability to run. He better develop in a hurry because 2017 will be here painfully soon.

If somehow, some way, JT, JHD, Gostis, Freeman, Simmons, and Gamble, could stay healthy----this year will be a treat. The ND game is ganormous.

One final thought while getting soaked----OL and DB recruiting has been great!

PS---PJ Davis is fine just where he is.

The wr position will be the difference between this offense being great or just merely good. It looks to me like the latter.

- I was not impressed by Whitehead. Simmons is a better player IMO.

- We should strongly consider the possibility of moving PJ Davis to BB.

if these are your real thoughts, perhaps you should consider thinking about other things besides our football team. these two suggestions are so bad they seem like troll ploys

for one, CPJ singled out Whitehead for his performance, so either you have been watching the wrong things or dont know how to judge them well

secondly, recommending that we put our Defensive leader and best tackler on Offense is super dumb

not trying to knock you, just these observations or conclusions on your part are not at all good ideas for our football team

GO Jackets!

if these are your real thoughts, perhaps you should consider thinking about other things besides our football team. these two suggestions are so bad they seem like troll ploys

for one, CPJ singled out Whitehead for his performance, so either you have been watching the wrong things or dont know how to judge them well

secondly, recommending that we put our Defensive leader and best tackler on Offense is super dumb

not trying to knock you, just these observations or conclusions on your part are not at all good ideas for our football team

GO Jackets!

Whitehead is 4 years removed from HS and he is on the depth chart behind 3 players going into their second year. The expectation was for him to be an immediate starter. He is not and that is disappointing.

We need someone to play BB. What if we miss on Skov and none of the freshmen are up to the challenge of playing immediately? We have other LBs some that are just about as good as Davis. I think Davis would be a big upgrade over what we currently have at BB and we need playmakers on O.

Whitehead is 4 years removed from HS and he is on the depth chart behind 3 players going into their second year. The expectation was for him to be an immediate starter. He is not and that is disappointing.

We need someone to play BB. What if we miss on Skov and none of the freshmen are up to the challenge of playing immediately? We have other LBs some that are just about as good as Davis. I think Davis would be a big upgrade over what we currently have at BB and we need playmakers on O.

You're proposing moving our leading tackler and arguably our best defensive player to offense? I'm sorry, but no. Allen looked pretty good in the spring game. I say we run with that.

Be fun to watch Byerly at BB until Qtip is ready to go. Not very wise, but fun.

You're proposing moving our leading tackler and arguably our best defensive player to offense? I'm sorry, but no. Allen looked pretty good in the spring game. I say we run with that.

yeah, he is being a dumbass repeating it and trying to justify such insanity

especially since we have never seen anything to suggest that PJ would be a good option at BBack since the coaches never considered him being one

PJ Davis /= PJ Daniels; we have plenty of guys that were recruited to play BBack or were considered for it (like Allen) that seem to be a much better choice at B than your defensive mainstay; its a plain ridiculous idea.

maybe we should move JT to corner too? :rolleyes:

To propose Davis or Byerly at BB is stupid. They both play very critical roles as is. The defense will be better overall with PJ leading the inexperienced linebackers. And after Matthew Jordan's performance on Friday, I think we would all go into deep depression if JT went out, even for just a quarter, if we had to put Jordan in. And please don't say that we could always move Byerly back to QB if we had to. If he starts getting reps at BB and learning that position he'll become rusty as a QB.

Marcus Allen will turn out to be just fine at BB. The key is that he is physically ready to play and runs hard. The little things like technique, reads, etc will get better with time. He was literally just switched a week ago. And if our O-line can play like it did the second half of last year, we'll be fine at BB and won't need a game changer back there in order to be effective

Why would we move a starter to a new, unfamiliar position in the hopes that he can break the 2 deep? That just doesn't make sense to me.

If we're talking about crazy stuff, I'd rather talk about using klock as a FB out of IForm.

yeah, he is being a dumbass repeating it and trying to justify such insanity

especially since we have never seen anything to suggest that PJ would be a good option at BBack since the coaches never considered him being one

PJ Davis /= PJ Daniels; we have plenty of guys that were recruited to play BBack or were considered for it (like Allen) that seem to be a much better choice at B than your defensive mainstay; its a plain ridiculous idea.

maybe we should move JT to corner too? :rolleyes:

that's a öööö good idea. :cool: How else are we going to get TDs while on defense?

I'm sure Byerly would do great at B-back, but if anyone watched the Spring Game, they would know there was a tremendous drop off from Byerly to Jordan and Martensen. Both of them had a lot of trouble with their reads and seemed like every play where they were running a triple option play, it turned into a QB follow. Point being, if Thomas goes down, Byerly needs to be on the sideline right next to Johnson, waiting to go in. Not on the bench being looked at by trainers because it took a shot on a B-Back fake.

If you watched the tape you have to be impressed with Allen. He could end up being a stud. It seems like someone unexpected steps into that role at BB each year, and this is likely no exception.

He was highly regarded coming out of HS..and got stuck in several loaded positions. He seems like a natural at BB. He's also one of the smartest (e.g. academic) players on the team.

Back