Spring Is Coming

Dude. This guy is going to take us to the playoffs.

No. We're only going to win three games in two years. The resident experts on this board told us that when he was hired, remember?

All salesman and no coaching. Yeah, right.

Why was the spring game scheduled on Friday night instead of Saturday night? Saturday night would have minimized traffic issues and maximized out of town attendance.

Why was the spring game scheduled on Friday night instead of Saturday night? Saturday night would have minimized traffic issues and maximized out of town attendance.

Did a quick check to compare. Florida State, VT, uga, Clemson, Miami, UNC, UVA all have Saturday spring games. Didn't check any others, but it definitely seems we're the exception on this. Not sure why we felt the need to be the smartest guy in the room on something like this. Yes you'll get the hardcore guys like the ones on this board that will go out of their way to be there. But the casual fan that may some interest in what this new coaching staff is about isn't nearly as likely to fight Friday rush hour traffic to make it.

I always assumed it was so the downtown workers that would go could do so after work under the lights and not have to burn a whole Saturday going back downtown to a scrimmage game. Those that are fans of this will go either time.

Did a quick check to compare. Florida State, VT, uga, Clemson, Miami, UNC, UVA all have Saturday spring games. Didn't check any others, but it definitely seems we're the exception on this. Not sure why we felt the need to be the smartest guy in the room on something like this. Yes you'll get the hardcore guys like the ones on this board that will go out of their way to be there. But the casual fan that may some interest in what this new coaching staff is about isn't nearly as likely to fight Friday rush hour traffic to make it.
Is it telecast?

I always assumed it was so the downtown workers that would go could do so after work under the lights and not have to burn a whole Saturday going back downtown to a scrimmage game. Those that are fans of this will go either time.
Most people do not work downtown. Those that do will have a hard time bringing their family. Saturday evening with Waffle House and other food trucks beginning in the early afternoon would draw more fans. I think this is a rare marketing miss-step.

I believe the turn out for the spring game will be a good indicator of the excitement around the program. If weather holds up I’m expecting a big crowd. We will be driving in for it.

finally some coverage of spring ball from AJC. We are all excite but we aren't getting the juice we need. Ahmarean is a track guy....that's a huge comment from Nate. Slot receiver can be a strength of this team.

finally some coverage of spring ball from AJC. We are all excite but we aren't getting the juice we need. Ahmarean is a track guy....that's a huge comment from Nate. Slot receiver can be a strength of this team.

Back