Spring Practice Update #9

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Practice notes:Georgia Tech practiced for just under two hours in full pads at Rose Bowl Field and the Brock Indoor Practice Facility... Weather was 74 degrees on average... Humidity low... With 11 players in red jerseys today, they were able to field their own team and practice against the scout team.

Paul Johnson on the scrimmage:We did some good things. You never stay the same, you get worse or get better. You never stay the same.

Position Battle: Competition for long snapper is heating up. When asked how the battle is going, Paul Johnson said: "I'll let you know via my Twitter account."

By the numbers

Number of peanuts consumed in Atlanta since last practice.

Leading Returning Players with a chance of a high-salary career outside football
Stanford 75
Duke 70
Georgia Tech 64
Berkeley 62
College of Harry and Mary 60

This is a very disturbing number here...we can't possibly compete with these lousy numbers. This is on CPJ.

It's sad that this was convincing enough that I had to check.

I knew something wasn't right when the report was posted prior to the start of practice and reading the report didn't lessen that feeling that something wasn't right. Still, it wasn't until I got down to the long snapper competition and the twitter comment that I became 99% sure that it was a fake report. However, the CPJ quote actually added a smidgen of credibility back into the report. I wasn't 100% convinced that the report was fake until I read the peanut comment.

If you had waited until tomorrow to post this I undoubtedly would have joined TIA at ramblinwreck.com to see if the report was real or not.

Practice notes:Georgia Tech practiced for just under two hours in full pads at Rose Bowl Field and the Brock Indoor Practice Facility... Weather was 74 degrees on average... Humidity low... With 11 players in red jerseys today, they were able to field their own team and practice against the scout team.

Paul Johnson on the scrimmage:We did some good things. You never stay the same, you get worse or get better. You never stay the same.

Position Battle: Competition for long snapper is heating up. When asked how the battle is going, Paul Johnson said: "I'll let you know via my Twitter account."

By the numbers

Leading Returning Players with a chance of a high-salary career outside football
Stanford 75
Duke 70
Georgia Tech 64
Berkeley 62
College of Harry and Mary 60

Well done. It get's the DCS thumbs up for funny! I concur with the weakness of the school's practice reports. They need to just quit doing them if they're not gonna say anything meaningful. They should at the very least post pictures of every practice.

I knew something wasn't right when the report was posted prior to the start of practice and reading the report didn't lessen that feeling that something wasn't right. Still, it wasn't until I got down to the long snapper competition and the twitter comment that I became 99% sure that it was a fake report. However, the CPJ quote actually added a smidgen of credibility back into the report. I wasn't 100% convinced that the report was fake until I read the peanut comment.

If you had waited until tomorrow to post this I undoubtedly would have joined TIA at ramblinwreck.com to see if the report was real or not.
I wasn't trying to go for a late April Fools, but just to make fun of the practice reports in general.

Actual practice report for comparison? I bet it contains only marginally more info.

Actual practice report for comparison? I bet it contains only marginally more info.

April 8, 2013

Date: Monday, April 8

Practice: No. 9 (of 14)

Dress: Full pads

Practice notes: Georgia Tech practiced for just two under hours, cleaning up some of the mistakes seen on film in Saturday's scrimmage... on the injury front, the B-back position got a boost as Charles Perkins was full speed for the first time this spring, and Broderick Snoddy was cleared to play after a week on the shelf... senior OL Will Jackson also returned from injury... special teams coordinator Dave Walkosky told reporters he was pleased with the performance of kickers Justin Moore and David Scully in Saturday's scrimmage... that duo combined to make 3-of-4 field goals... former Tech greats Joe Hamilton and Julian Burnett were among those watching practice Monday.

Paul Johnson on having the Final Four in Atlanta: "I think that is one of the great things about Atlanta, there is always something going on. It's a great city to live in. For the guys who go to school here, there's always something going on if you have time."

PJ, the two-time defending champion: Paul Johnson and Jon Barry will compete in the Chic-fil-A Bowl Challenge charity golf tournament April 28-30. Johnson and Barry have won the event each of the last two years. Duos from 15 ACC, SEC and Big 10 schools will participate this year.

By the numbers

Wes Durham, the Voice of the Yellow Jackets, has called 760 Georgia Tech football and men's basketball games during his tenure.

Next practice: Wednesday, 3:30 p.m. (closed)
International clinic: Thursday, April 18th, 4-6 p.m. For more information, click here.

Spring game: Friday Night on the Flats, Presented by CBC National Bank. Friday, April 19th at 7:30 p.m.
On social media: Facebook.com/gtathletics; @gtathletics; youtube.com/ramblinwrecktube
Ticket information: 1-888-TECH-TIX or RamblinWreck.com/tickets

PJ, the two-time defending champion: Paul Johnson and Jon Barry will compete in the Chic-fil-A Bowl Challenge charity golf tournament April 28-30. Johnson and Barry have won the event each of the last two years. Duos from 15 ACC, SEC and Big 10 schools will participate this year.

:eekfacepalm:

Back