Staff Changes?

71YellowJacket

Damn Good Rat
Now that recruiting is over, does anyone see Gailey making any changes on his staff?

What would you like to see changed, if anything?

Me I would like to see BoB hit the road. I think the jury is still out on CG.

I'd like to see BoB give up the position of QB coach. In the "good old days" under Fridge, we had BoB up in the box during games and coaching running backs, IIRC, while Fridge was on the sidelines during games and coaching QB's. I think that BoB thinks that since Fridge did it that way as OC that he must do it the same way. I also think that he may be wrong. I think we would be better off if BoB returned to coaching RB's and spent the games up in the box and let Patrick Nix take over the QB coach position.

Just one guy's opinion.

71Bee...
I'm just surprised there are no changes at all. Maybe there will be but I think it would have happened by now.

Bartlebee,
Maybe he has been told to stop coaching quarterbacks and simply answered "I prefer not to."

**literary reference to "Bartleby" (see handle) for those who think I have gone nuts. Really just an attempt at humor.

Good one, spellingbee.
wink.gif

I didn't think anyone else would get the reference. I had to read "Bartleby the Scrivener" back when I was at Tech and the name just kind of stuck with me.

I don't remember where but I either read or was told that Chan wouldn't make any staff changes this year but they went on to say that some responsibilities among the staff could be forthcoming. I too, am surprised that CG has kept this staff intact but time will surely tell if this was a wise decision.
Although I'm not a pro Chan man and I don't have
good feelings about our short term future under his leadership, there is no way we could afford to dump him after just one year. We would lose our credibility as a school if we use knee jerk
decisions as it pertains to our head man and fire him. But if he comes back with another version of this season he could be in deep DOODOO. I don't think it is his won-lost record that has many of us with a knot in our stomach, but it was the uninspired, and undisciplined play of our team. We must play as if we have a pulse or it will be bye bye at the end of this coming season I believe.

Big Buck.. I agree with you in terms of the knot in the stomach... although I dont like for Tech to lose... I can handle it much better if there is hard play from the team.. too many times we lacked motivation... I think Gailey has to realize that he has to put much more effort in the areas of discipline and motivation

jacketguy, no way can I disagree with your logic
about winning. Winning is the reason we play the game, but if we play well and just get beat by a better team I can leave the stadium with my head held high and with pride. However when we stumble around and play uninspired and fail to ground a punt on their one yard line but rather back up in
the EZ and then down the punt, hitting the opponent time after time after they have run out of bounds, this kind of stuff gives me the heart burn and no emmolients can soothe the pain.
Good coaches will correct these things and if they don't then there is only one recourse.

Back