Stansbury will own this mess.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
And yet either way it only counts as one loss. If we double our wins from last year, is anyone really gonna care anymore what score Clemson beat us by?
Yes. I will remember this 73-7 beat down just like I remember: 51-7, 51-7 #2, LSU, MTSU, Citadel, 52-7, and whatever else is in store.

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
Can you imagine if we were Louisville? They hire Satterfield and he has an unexpectedly good year last year, and now he is 1-4 with the only win against an fcs team and a loss to us? You reactionaries would be even more intolerable...

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Can you imagine if we were Louisville? They hire Satterfield and he has an unexpectedly good year last year, and now he is 1-4 with the only win against an fcs team and a loss to us? You reactionaries would be even more intolerable...
I can only imagine

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
It wouldn't be so bad except we weren't ready to play Syr either. (er, the team that got beat by Liberty BAD AT HOME).Much like us and MidThSt.

BackstreetBuzz

GT fan for 60+ years
So far, I like what Stansbury is doing. He seems to have hit a home run with Nell Fortner. He seems to have revitalized Danny Hall after years of mediocrity. His patience with and having Pastner‘s back may/may not work out, but right now, things seem to be looking up. I think he might need to tweak Pastner’s staff.

Overall, I think Stansbury has been smart. I think he should have given CPJ a couple more years. In my opinion, GT football was heading downward, but that may have been a good thing to get everyone on board with a change.

However, Stansbury faces significant obstacles with Covid 19 and finances. GT has got to realize how important athletics is to its image and support athletics with general funds.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
I get all the rebuilding arguments, etc. But, really, a 66 point loss? That's bullcrap and should never happen here (in fact has never happened here before last Saturday). CGC is walking a thin line with his continuous "historic rebuild" narrative and I'm trying real hard not to think that he is a clown. We better be bowling by next year.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
I get all the rebuilding arguments, etc. But, really, a 66 point loss? That's bullcrap and should never happen here (in fact has never happened here before last Saturday). CGC is walking a thin line with his continuous "historic rebuild" narrative and I'm trying real hard not to think that he is a clown. We better be bowling by next year.
No, he’s not. No one close to the program has him anywhere near a hot seat or on a thin line.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
I'll save the rebuttal for the cupboard being bare s--- for later.
But Collins isn't a young coach. And he had been a FBS head coach for two years prior to coming back to Tech.
Temple is a job where you get your feet.
Tech and other P5 programs are where you better know what you're doing from the jump.
He's getting paid $3M plus a year. For that kind of money, he doesn't get a learning curve.

The replay from Saturday's debacle is on ESPNU right now. Leaving guys wide mother f---ing open, especially Rogers, isn't a talent issue.
When you don’t have anyone fast enough to cover Rodgers for 5 seconds it is a talent issue

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Miami was getting outgained something like 400-100 in total yards at one point in the third quarter vs. Clemson. Without several miscues, Clemson beats them by 40+. I'm not sure anyone will come close to beating them this year.

Let's see how we do against teams a little more within our range. Obviously the Syracuse loss was bad, but we do have two wins over ACC teams. It's not like we're just getting outmatched by everyone.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
I don't think this has sunken in yet for some people. 18-19 year olds are beating out the 22-24 year olds with that many more years of coaching, conditioning, and experience. That should be screaming something to the oblivious
At what positions? We’ve got a few high profile ones for sure. Sims is starting as a true frosh and playing like a true frosh with a decently high ceiling down the road. Gibbs is a stud who’s starting because our other stud is hurt. And we’ve got Williams at RT.

So that’s 3. What other underclassmen are beating out the upperclassmen? WR is old. LB is old. Secondary is old. OL outside of JW is old. DL has some younger guys in the two deep because of Chimedza, Owens, Clayton, Ryans, and now Youndjen missing games.

We essentially have three young guys getting significant time. Four if you count Brown. Which is probably on par with most teams around the country if not a little less. Our talent is young but our ATL roster is old.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
GT has got to realize how important athletics is to its image and support athletics with general funds.
This. This is the one thing that would help in a hurry. You have athletics success, and you increase visibility. More people want to attend events, and be on your campus and attend the school. The two sides should work together to benefit each other, not be adversaries.

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
At what positions? We’ve got a few high profile ones for sure. Sims is starting as a true frosh and playing like a true frosh with a decently high ceiling down the road. Gibbs is a stud who’s starting because our other stud is hurt. And we’ve got Williams at RT.

So that’s 3. What other underclassmen are beating out the upperclassmen? WR is old. LB is old. Secondary is old. OL outside of JW is old. DL has some younger guys in the two deep because of Chimedza, Owens, Clayton, Ryans, and now Youndjen missing games.

We essentially have three young guys getting significant time. Four if you count Brown. Which is probably on par with most teams around the country if not a little less. Our talent is young but our ATL roster is old.
Don't let facts get in the way of the narrative.