State of College Football

You should apologize for having a loser's mentality!

We would have more money and more credibility among Recruits had we stayed in the SEC all this time, what ND looks like now, that's what we'd look like had we stayed in the SEC, PLUS the added bonus is that a certain percentage of in State Recruits would play in the SEC while attending classes in the ATL at GT, weakening our hated Rivals by default.

Removing us from the SEC was such a bad move someone should commission "a study" to see if we should change the name of the Stadium back to just Grant Field
You are so.....retarded.

You are so.....retarded.
You are so alone in thinking that GT leaving the SEC has been good for the GTAA.

Not one Sports Media guy that follows CFB and not one CFB expert looks favorably on us leaving the SEC.

You have a loser's mentality for thinking that we would be Vandy had we stayed in the SEC!

You are so alone in thinking that GT leaving the SEC has been good for the GTAA.

Not one Sports Media guy that follows CFB and not one CFB expert looks favorably on us leaving the SEC.

You have a loser's mentality for thinking that we would be Vandy had we stayed in the SEC!
Not alone at all. Vandy or not, we could be though one of the 8 or 9 (soon to be higher), dwarfs in the sec. It's an incredibly top heavy conference with 3 or 4 teams dominating the rest. Speaking of the rest, if you don't think we would be at an academic disadvantage to them, well, get help. The pro sports scene in Atlanta would still be here, and uga's street fans and large graduating classes that stay here, would as well. ESPN would still be in cahoots with the sec, along with the local media of all types being equally supportive of uga. Parents of the top players in Georgia would still send their kids to uga in spite of their lowly grad rates. So, what would being in the sec give us? Maybe higher payouts due to the top 3 or 4 teams, or better attendance at home games against Ole Miss and Kentucky? I'll give you those two overwhelming advantages.

The apparent fact that you don't seem to enjoy trips to the Orange Bowl, Conference Championships, beating uga in Athens, TIAR, and a MNC---well that's your choice. All is not lost though, if we were there, I guess we could have won 5-6 the last 3 years instead of 3, like the sec dwarfs, huh?

Why TF are we all still discussing GT leaving and trying to get back into the SEC? Yes it was the dumbest move in CFB history but we cant do anything about choices made nearly 50 years ago nor is rejoining the SEC even a possibility, ever. I do know the ACC is pretty much on life support due to moves made by the SEC the past 10-15 years to pull away from the CFB pack. You can't simply "just do what the SEC did" either because we aren't the SEC and can sign mega deals and pack 100,000 seat stadiums. I am not jealous or sour grapes because this has always been the case and the SEC was always going to have the most fans, best teams and best players. I am just alarmed by how absolute it has become and there's no going back. Now every team in the SEC gets top players versus even 15 years ago when it was the usual SEC powers getting top 20 classes but teams like Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss State, Arkansas, Missouri, etc. had hit and miss classes like the rest of us.

Anyway, we are all arguing with no chance to change any of our minds here so it's typical pointless internet arguing. I am pretty much losing interest in college football and can see myself eventually no longer watching it. Others are free to enjoy what it is becoming (all the players on just a handful of teams) and enjoy it too. I mean this is obviously popular with the general public since TV dollars drive everything.

There’s no way whatsoever that GT can compete in today’s college football landscape.
The coaches are getting paid crazy money, homes, jets, you name it. The steady decline is now hitting home. We’re broke period.
IIWII

Goose, GT65, nice to meet you -three-in-a-row was awesome, good times. Question: Is this the primary reason you chose to stay with the Dolphins?

I’ve been around for awhile way before 3 in a row, I did like Marino, Shula days as well.

Back