State of Georgia considering bill similar to Cal

spellingbee

Flats Noob
Well...It will certainly help us too, right?
Sure, I guess; depends on the limits and such and if we can afford the costs. The point was that the ugag connected and alum lawmakers wasted no time in joining in and pushing to get something passed. That became priority.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Cost of living is higher in Athens than Atlanta so UGa players deserve more money.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Wish we could hear from Todd his thoughts on the bill. But the schools will probably stay silent.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
A bill like California's would be extremely bad for us. The most likely outcome is GT and other Georgia schools being barred from NCAA competition. It'd be a de facto death penalty. Once the courts rule that the NCAA is good and fine, we'll be long dead.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
A bill like California's would be extremely bad for us. The most likely outcome is GT and other Georgia schools being barred from NCAA competition. It'd be a de facto death penalty. Once the courts rule that the NCAA is good and fine, we'll be long dead.
Wont come to that. If both red and blue states start passing these, every state will. The NCAA will have to make a deal or become irrelevant.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
We will just form the new PacLantic Coast Conference, with like half the best recruits in the country in our footprint. We will be fine.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
We will just form the new PacLantic Coast Conference, with like half the best recruits in the country in our footprint. We will be fine.
Will we compete against the best in college football? Or will we not set foot on the field against the UGAs and Clemsons again?

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Nope. The bill lays out that it excludes Tech schools, State schools and Southern schools. Only ‘University of’ schools are allowed to pay athletes.
Wait this is a joke right?

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Will we compete against the best in college football? Or will we not set foot on the field against the UGAs and Clemsons again?
UGA is in our boat, it's a state boat. We get all the California teams and the Georgia teams, then everybody gets to sit and decide whether they want to keep trying to recruit either state with one hand tied behind their backs while we all fly coast to coast playing really cool games with all the best players.

Anyway, this is another leg in a race to the bottom I predicted a while back. I don't think my prediction was very popular, but hey, I'll say it again. Payer play is now a social issue, in the postmodern sense. Oppression math is the irresistible lever of the future of the sport in this regard. Whether we like it or not, no matter what results, the NCAA can't win this fight. There are just too many political points in play in too many places, both legislative and university administration related. Players will be getting paid everywhere and very soon. It'll happen quite suddenly when it does.

Off with my head (again).