StingTalk needs to step our NIL game up

aeromech

Dodd-Like
BAMA!

"Certain positions, probably, enhance opportunities to create value, like quarterback, and our quarterback (Young) already has approached ungodly numbers — I'm not going to say what they are — and he hasn't even played yet. Hasn't even started," Saban said at the Texas High School Coaches Association's annual convention on Tuesday. "... It’s almost seven figures. And it's like, the guy hasn't even played yet. But that's because of our brand."

Nick Saban says Alabama QB Bryce Young has signed nearly $1M worth of endorsement deals already (yahoo.com)

Saban has fully embraced this recruiting enhancement.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
BAMA!

"Certain positions, probably, enhance opportunities to create value, like quarterback, and our quarterback (Young) already has approached ungodly numbers — I'm not going to say what they are — and he hasn't even played yet. Hasn't even started," Saban said at the Texas High School Coaches Association's annual convention on Tuesday. "... It’s almost seven figures. And it's like, the guy hasn't even played yet. But that's because of our brand."

Nick Saban says Alabama QB Bryce Young has signed nearly $1M worth of endorsement deals already (yahoo.com)

Saban has fully embraced this recruiting enhancement.
This is the problem. It’s the legal version of buying kids cars. I believe Arch will go somewhere and have $10-15 million plus waiting on him

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
This is the problem. It’s the legal version of buying kids cars. I believe Arch will go somewhere and have $10-15 million plus waiting on him
The interesting thing about Arch is he is his own brand so he should be worth this amount regardless where he goes *plus* he is already filthy rich so its not like he's needy anyway.

GBurdell

One for each tiddy
It's written into most of the rules that it has to be fair market value. Here is the relevant section from the Georgia law (emphasis mine):

Source: https://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20212022/202577

Like I said, there's a lot of wiggle room there -- there's no single "fair market value" for an autograph, for example. But Phil Knight can't just tell a 'croot that he's willing to pay $1 million for the autographs of star Oregon players. He'll have to figure out something at least a little more clever.
the Stingtalk Lawyers Association (SLA) should be able to pick that apart easily.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
the Stingtalk Lawyers Association (SLA) should be able to pick that apart easily.
The money is to be had in social media influencing. If some of these players have over a million followers, having them post something is worth a lot of money at the “fair market rate”.