Stingtalk's 20th Anniversary.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
After the 2000 beatdown of UGA we were pretty dominant.... went into 2001 as a top-10 team. That unraveled, O'Leary left, first season of Chan was a disaster. We were chasing the highs of the O'Leary era for the rest of Chan's tenure (rightfully so), which is why he was canned.
Negative. Chan was fired because he never beat UGA. If he went 8-4 a couple times with wins over UGA he likely coaches for 15 years. Many many many college coaches get fired for failing to beat their rival.

G

Guest1066

Negative. Chan was fired because he never beat UGA. If he went 8-4 a couple times with wins over UGA he likely coaches for 15 years. Many many many college coaches get fired for failing to beat their rival.
I thought it was because fans were nodding of during the games and falling out of the upper stands

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
Uh, yeah. The highs of the O'Leary era included beating UGA which is obviously something Chan didn't do.

byteback

Dodd-Like
A belated congrats for a great message board.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like
In twenty years, the only things of value to come from this board is stupid joke about Matt Ryan’s drink of choice and calling out a creepy, middle-aged, jock-sniffer to the AA.
Anything else of value to come will just be gravy, really. :dunno:

pandajacket

Varsity Lurker
11 years now.

Not sure why I made pandajacket my username.

Some posters I still wonder where they went.

ee8384

Affable Curmudgeon
Almost 17 years for me. All I ever wanted to be was Dodd-like, but I made it all the way to Cynic At-Large.

Here's to things never getting old.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
He had 6 tries and started our being dealt flunkgate. We were close on several occasions to beating him during his tenure with a combination of bad luck and bad officiating contributing. He looked to finally have turned the corner in QB recruiting when he was canned.

There is no doubt we were much, much more formidable defensively with Chan and Tenuta at the helm.

B

Jolly Good Fellow
Congrats on 20 years. This place has been like the flea market or Goodwill. There's more trash than treasure but every now and again you will find a new Stihl chainsaw for $10 or a half eaten but still fresh box of Krispy Kremes for only a $1. And, of course, always plenty of mom jokes to be had. All in all, it's a great value for the price.