Student Enthusiasm

Athletic Supporter

From a certain point of view
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but yesterday the students seemed louder and more pumped up than usual, even when things got grim after the end zone turnover.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
There are 2 student sections. One certainly did not have enough people to be loud.

684Bee

Varsity Lurker
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but yesterday the students seemed louder and more pumped up than usual, even when things got grim after the end zone turnover.
Glad to hear that. We need the students to show up and be loud.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
a ton of student seating empty, so glad that the ones who showed were loud.... FYI...The announced attendance of 41,219 was the lowest for a homecoming game since 1994, when homecoming was celebrated on the second-to-last game of a season in which coach Bill Lewis was fired the previous week.

We are in the Bill Lewis ERA PartII

Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/notes-from-georgia-tech-loss-pittsburgh/Dl8wWdOpwJFW8sP8U8b79I/
@BeeStorm petition to change this dude’s name officially to @GTBITCH

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
The south stands are awful and need to be either covered, razed or turned into some sort of premium area. It looks awful on tv, the recruits are looking straight at it, and it allows opposing fans in the corner an area where they are louder than we are. A chophouse style party deck would be awesome. Anything but what is there now.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
The lower east appeared to have Pitt blue sprinkled throughout also. A very poor showing for a homecoming game IMO.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
The south stands are awful and need to be either covered, razed or turned into some sort of premium area. It looks awful on tv, the recruits are looking straight at it, and it allows opposing fans in the corner an area where they are louder than we are. A chophouse style party deck would be awesome. Anything but what is there now.
Ever since Tstan suggested a “beer garden” this is where I naturally assumed it would be

gambler

Went all in with 80k
The bottom line is if they would change money down into you get to money shot every time we convert or get a stop, attendance is going to increase exponentially, and so is student enthusiasm.

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like
Put the edge center plans on hold until this is complete

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
The bottom line is if they would change money down into you get to money shot every time we convert or get a stop, attendance is going to increase exponentially, and so is student enthusiasm.
For some reason I don’t think they’re ever going to show money shots on the Jumbotron on 3rd down plays.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
As long as the money shot is on your mom, I’m good with that

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
It used to be packed before they went to the block season tickets. I still claim that change cost us a generation of fans.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like

johncu

Dodd-Like
a ton of student seating empty, so glad that the ones who showed were loud.... FYI...The announced attendance of 41,219 was the lowest for a homecoming game since 1994, when homecoming was celebrated on the second-to-last game of a season in which coach Bill Lewis was fired the previous week.

We are in the Bill Lewis ERA PartII

Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/notes-from-georgia-tech-loss-pittsburgh/Dl8wWdOpwJFW8sP8U8b79I/
This is a terrible post, and you should feel bad.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I simply do not know if you can get student participation back to what it once was. College students’ love for football seems to be waning in many places. Comparing to my era is such an apples to oranges comparison I doubt much can be gained from it.

I do believe giving students better seats in the East stands was preferable to end zone seating. I believe letting students simply show up with an athletic pass ID (with a “date” option) and then seating people as they arrived helped get students there early. There were four lower East sections of students. With band, flash cards, and the early arrivals students pretty well filled the lower half of the lower deck East on its North end an hour before kickoff. There was room to have cheerleaders in front of the students with the head cheerleader miked. That was more helpful than you might think getting students engaged. If you arrived early enough, you knew you were going to get really good seats. I sat about the 30 yard line for most games as a student. Frats sat up higher in the lower deck, up under the overhang. Pledges came early and were allowed to go above the entrance to save seats. Seniors could opt for upper East.

We have more students today. The female percentage is so much higher, nearing 50%. Greek life seems to dominate student attendance at games. Tech is not the only school seeing late arrivals, early exits, and unused seats in student sections.

As for the South end, I might suggest that seats there be used for complimentary tickets - a good place for area coaches to be welcomed, maybe even a decent place for recruits and their families. It could also be used for graduate student and faculty. Finally, and I like this idea a lot, use the South end zone for a young graduate seating section where you can sit in a low cost, low contribution section close to the field. Have a beer garden at the top of the section and fill this seats with young grads.