Student Enthusiasm

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
I have to keep telling my dad that if gray uniforms or money down or juice crews can help us get a DL and OL competitive with the factory schools then it doesn't matter what we think. I'd rather win.

What we ought to have is some sort of "money down" fan pledge where fans commit before the game to a certain donation per money down stop. So, it you pledge $5 per money down stop and we have 10 money down third down stops per game, you donate $50 to St. Jude or another charity
Instead of IPTAY (I Pay Ten A Year) it'll be IPTAS (I Pay Ten A Stop). I'm down with that....but let's make the charity split the money with the GTAA.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Instead of IPTAY (I Pay Ten A Year) it'll be IPTAS (I Pay Ten A Stop). I'm down with that....but let's make the charity split the money with the GTAA.
Charity? Charity?

50% to the GTAA, 50% to the bagmen.

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
They need to tie funding of all of these clubs and organizations to attendance at football and basketball games. Like if your Asian Student Club wants funding from student activity fees, then your club has to have 60% of members attend games. Something like that.
I once wrote a letter to the 'Nique proposing that blocks be penalized for empty seats at kickoff. Jimmies were rustled.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Whatever happened to the students getting free öööö every game like shakers or towels? It provided good entertainment in 2003 to tie the towels into knots and try to grenade toss them at the Back Judge or Field Judge. It provided good entertainment and a much-needed distraction from watching UGA spank our team.

Athletic Supporter

From a certain point of view
I've told the story on here once before but I thought the money down was cheesy AF during the first game and especially when we lost against Citadel. But then during the UNC game, I noticed three different groups of young kids (probably about 5 - 7 years old in 2 of the groups and the other group had about a 12'ish year old boy and a girl about 10 or so). All 3 of those groups would jump up and down on 3rd down and start yelling "It's money down! It's money down!"

It was at that point that my opinion of it changed because we are, by and large, a very old fan base. If we have any hope for the future of GT sports, we have to keep the youngsters interested in pulling for the white & gold and not being corrupted by the devils wearing red to our east. If the kids and recruits like this, then I'm all for it. It's not going to stop me from purchasing my seats and going to the games and if it brings in more talent, make it happen!
In the CSB department, I pulled up to the ATM this afternoon and my 8 year old starts chanting from the back:

Go get the money,
Go get the money!

Go get the money,
Go get the money!

I shiz you not.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Seriously, the geezers have no clue how to relate to the kids these days. I talked to the dad of one our 2020 recruits and he said the recruits absolutely loved the money down and he got a kick out of the young kids running around collecting all the fake dollars (family atmosphere he liked, I guess).
You're darn right. I am old geezer, and I can't relate to kids these days. I would never even consider dressing up for a football practice like it was Halloween. I don't use Facebook and # means phone number to me. I'd be a terrible recruiter.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Coit needs to tell you whippersnappers about when the kids really ruined the atmosphere by singing a cussword filled song after scores and rutting up the field by driving a junky ford on it. It was awful.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I’m 27 years old and can tell you that this new generation of Kids have such a fast paced mind that it’s hard to keep their attention. A losing season can sure keep them from coming.

But I guarantee you winning cures all. It’s a ööööing constant. And good coaching is as well. You get these kids to experience one magical season and they will be hooked for life. Happened to me.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
You're darn right. I am old geezer, and I can't relate to kids these days. I would never even consider dressing up for a football practice like it was Halloween. I don't use Facebook and # means phone number to me. I'd be a terrible recruiter.
That's more so because you don't have a likeable personality.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
I bet you're a great fan, though. :)

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Ran into the daughter of some good friends a few weeks ago. She’s a Tech sophomore. Said she went to Ga Southern game a couple of weeks before while visiting some of her friends there
She said she wanted to see a full student section at a football game looks like

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Ran into the daughter of some good friends a few weeks ago. She’s a Tech sophomore. Said she went to Ga Southern game a couple of weeks before while visiting some of her friends there
Well she missed out since half of Southern is a bunch of uga wannabes and go to Athens every weekend and pretend.

A lot of the suggestions for changes in BDS mentioned here are cool and good ideas. But with every penny sunk into the current BDS for new features the dream of building a proper completely new one in my lifetime dies a little more. I always thought BDS could be like a hybrid between Autzen and Doak ... classy brick facade and using space under the seats year round for maximum building utility like Doak ... optimized to squeeze every bit of noise retention possible from a 55,000 person crowd like Autzen.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
she was probably just missing what high school football games felt like.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Actually, back in my day we didn't even need tickets. You got into the game by showing your student ID. The seats that are now the club seats were student seats and it was first come, first served. So students got there earlier to get the best seats in the place...and they were loud and right behind the visiting team's bench. Now the visiting team sits behind the quietest section in the stadium.
True this.

And we were real men who took drownproofing and faced death those mornings at 8am. We weren't... whatever you kids are today.