Student stadium seating questions...

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Does anyone know where the flashcards section will be this year?
Also, does anyone know where block seating for frats and clubs will primarily be?
As stated before, I have major concerns about spliting the student section, and putting them ONLY behind the goallines. Time will tell, and I hope I am wrong.
BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Does anyone know where the flashcards section will be this year?
Also, does anyone know where block seating for frats and clubs will primarily be?
As stated before, I have major concerns about spliting the student section, and putting them ONLY behind the goallines. Time will tell, and I hope I am wrong.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think that I heard that the flash cards will be in the South with the band. I don't know but my guess is that the clubs will be to the North sense it is a larger section.

I personally was excited when I heard that the students would be split. Having both end-zones as friendly Tech territory seems a good thing to me.

I am hoping that we will have a bunch of crazies behind the goal posts on every enemy kick and make it hard on those doggie and other defenses to hear when they are backed up to their goal. Having friendly end zones will help in tie game situations. The bad guys would not be able to pick a friendly one.
bigthumbup.gif

Hope it works better than splitting them at AMC.

Maybe it was just because it was a down season, but I never noticed the students being a major factor at AMC last year.

Now, back when they had one big section, I noticed them. But, then, the team was better then. Our students seem to be somewhat "fair weather fans" when it comes to basketball.

Personally, for games in general, I'd like to see the opposing bands behind the goal posts and the students of the opposing schools around them. It would be part of the big picture as viewed from behind the sidelines, where most non-student regular Tech fans sit, along with the two benches.

But, have to agree having pro-Tech students low in each end-zone SHOULD give Tech a slight home-field advantage. Still wish they'd made sections 120 and 121 (believe it is, w/o checking the seating chart) to the east of the new Tech portal season tickets instead of singles. They may not be predominantly gold/white/blue for games large numbers of opposing fans attend (eg UGA, CU, and FSU).

The "flash card" section will be to the right of the Tech Band in the new South. The others will be in the new North. Saw a map from GTAA. The visitors band will have the best seats IMO sitting in the new SE corner which should act like a parobolic reflector for increased sound. We'll see in one week! JUST PLAY LOUD AND OFTEN GT BAND!!!

Back