Stupid Texas A&M

Gobees

Jolly Good Fellow
They started a freshman center and right tackle.
This was my WTF takeaway, too.
No excuses about depth there. They worked together as a unit and pushed Bama all over the place.
Zero sacks. Amazing.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
No excuses about depth there. They worked together as a unit and pushed Bama all over the place.
Zero sacks. Amazing.
They also recruit at a higher level than we do,for now. Amazing what having billionaires throwing money at your program can do.

I doubt UGAg even gets the booster $$$ of A&M

covingtonjacket

Knowledge superspreader
CBS46 Late News after the Bama - TAMU game they were talking about what a great weekend in sports for Metro Atlanta with the Braves & uga winning, but never once mentioned GT FB.

Feel free to comment
F them. That's it. Local news is for old people anyway.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Because now, they who shall not be named will be No. 1 come Sunday when the AP voters cast their ballots.
Goddamnit.
In principal, I agree. But we are talking Nick Saban here.

This could be a blessing in disguise.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Zero sacks. Amazing.
In the Off-season, the TAMU Athl Dept ripped up Jimbo's 10 yr $75million Contract and gave him a new 10yr $95million Contract, this for a Coach that hasn't even sniffed the CFP while Coaching there, you don't think Alums that raise that kind of Money for Coaching Salaries don't have a network of bagmen to go out and get Elite, high-level, Recruits on the OLine.

My guess is a brand new Ford F-150, $500K+ spread out over their first 2 seasons on Campus and a better Job for parents, guardians, or Relatives, depending on who is in need.

Assuming that the Player wants to Major in Business, which one do you take, the heavyweight maybes of our GT- 40 yr decision, or the guarantees in "real time" of Playing in the SEC at a place like Bama, LSU, UGA, UF, Auburn, etc?

There's a good reason those T-Fr OLs played so great, and it wasn't because of special instruction from being "coached up", maybe they bring a lot of raw natural talent to the Table.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
In the Off-season, the TAMU Athl Dept ripped up Jimbo's 10 yr $75million Contract and gave him a new 10yr $95million Contract, this for a Coach that hasn't even sniffed the CFP while Coaching there, you don't think Alums that raise that kind of Money for Coaching Salaries don't have a network of bagmen to go out and get Elite, high-level, Recruits on the OLine.

My guess is a brand new Ford F-150, $500K+ spread out over their first 2 seasons on Campus and a better Job for parents, guardians, or Relatives, depending on who is in need.

Assuming that the Player wants to Major in Business, which one do you take, the heavyweight maybes of our GT- 40 yr decision, or the guarantees in "real time" of Playing in the SEC at a place like Bama, LSU, UGA, UF, Auburn, etc?

There's a good reason those T-Fr OLs played so great, and it wasn't because of special instruction from being "coached up", maybe they bring a lot of raw natural talent to the Table.
So you’re saying it’s pointless to be a Tech fan and expect better than mediocrity? Are you the son of Dave Braine?

Kidding aside I agree Tech has to pony up or shut up. I don’t think a program has to cheat to compete, tbough it certainly helps and there is little downside to cheating when you are a program that the NCAA is always looking the other way for. But a program does have to pay for quality coaching.

Collins could be a Dabo type guy and succeed with recruiting. But only with a staff that can improve the XsOs. He isn’t the kind of coach that can do both. Give him some stellar assistants and he can compete.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
It's better that it wasn't SuperCuts that beat Saban first.

Still, it was a heck of a football game. Got to give both teams credit for fighting to the end. Alabama was long overdue for a loss but they still have the advantage in their division.

Yes, the dwagfans are going to be even more insufferable in the days and weeks ahead....but what's new?

GO JACKETS!!
byteback
Bammer needs to shore up their pass defense as it has been problematic.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
So you’re saying it’s pointless to be a Tech fan and expect better than mediocrity? Are you the son of Dave Braine?

Kidding aside I agree Tech has to pony up or shut up. I don’t think a program has to cheat to compete, tbough it certainly helps and there is little downside to cheating when you are a program that the NCAA is always looking the other way for. But a program does have to pay for quality coaching.

Collins could be a Dabo type guy and succeed with recruiting. But only with a staff that can improve the XsOs. He isn’t the kind of coach that can do both. Give him some stellar assistants and he can compete.
Lol. Clemson is cheating their ass off.

Buzz'n

Flats Noob
Because now, they who shall not be named will be No. 1 come Sunday when the AP voters cast their ballots.
Goddamnit.
This just means the pain from them choking and blowing the NC will be that much more intense and that much more better. UA will rebound and bring order to the universe.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
The best thing that could have happened for Saban was last night. Now, UGA can get the pats on the back during weeks that do not matter. Saban can now rebuild his team. Watching Bama walk thru the A&M crowd to their locker room will leave an impression. I guarantee you Kirby went to bed last night worried because he knows the deal. And in this environment of today it’s gonna be hard to get 2 SEC teams in the playoff if you have a bunch of undefeated conference champs.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
I’d rather Alabama lose now and have a chip on its shoulder for the rest of the year. I used to hate Alabama but grew to pull for them once I realized they and Clemson were the kill switch for uga championships.