Suggs is still #8 ranked ACC QB

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Even tho AJ has had some very good games, his efficiency rating still lands him at #8 in the conf. He's ahead of Durant of NCar. 1)Rivers-NC St 150.7 2)Schaub-Va 149.4 3)McBrien-Md 145.5 4)Rix-FSU 125.9 5)MacPherson-WF 124.0 6)Smith-Duke 120.7 7)Simmons-Clem 114.0 8)Suggs-GT 113.6.
Suggs is tied for 3rd in the ACC in TD passes with Rix & Smith who all have 10. Schaub leads with 21 & Rivers has 18.
AJ is also 3rd in passing yds with 1844, behind Rivers 2718 & Schaub 2353. AJ is 3rd in both attempts & completions 301-174. Schaub is 320-223 & Rivers is 307-192.
Schaub has outperformed Rivers to this point in ALL categories. Every QB on every team is an underclassman, except MacPherson @ WF & all should come back, unless Rivers goes pro.

Actually if you count Durant, AJ is 9th. Darian Durant has a 148 rating. I believe he is not playing right now, so that is why he isn't on the list. C.J. Stpehens doesn't have enough attempts to qualify for the list.

As a side note, I thought Darian Durant was the best QB we faced all year. I thought he played very well against us.

Rix & Simmons are also not playing, but are in the rankings. Perhaps it is an injury thing?

I guess that says it all. When you rank #8 you are not even close to average, even for the ACC.
frown.gif
frown.gif

On a positive note, this is really his first year as a starter and there is tremendous upside potential...
wink.gif

Funny how things work though, remember when we were all depressed when Simmons chose Clemson? Just another example of how you never know how a kid will turn out.

AJ's numbers stink. His ability to put us in a chance to win are non-existent. We're achieving in spite of inferior play at QB not because of it.

Back