Suggs nfl talent

Adam Ridings gt fan

Varsity Lurker
I think that A.J Suggs has very good nfl talent and potential though he does nedd to be protected
and keep playing well he might end up an top draft pick.Look at Keith Brooking he turned out to be one of the best mlb in the nfl.Suggs could be an top draft pick and a very good player in the nfl one day.Does anyone agree with me.
grin.gif

Are you a McEachern student or a friend of his brother? I have a feeling you know him from somewhere other than GT qb.

Yes, I agree he has the raw talent and tools. Unfortunately, he has not been coached properly.

There is a thread further down entitled something like, "Suggs a classy guy".

In that thread a discussion ensued comparing the talent of Godsey and Suggs.

Suggs was more highly recruited out of high school than Godsey and beat out other very highly talented quarterbacks to get the starting job at Tennessee and Georgia Tech - but Godsey developed into the better quarterback. In my opinion the difference was coaching by Friedgen.

If Friedgen were Suggs' coach, Suggs would be a Heisman trophy candidate and first round draft pick.

But now, I don't know whether he will get drafted or not.

I think most of the other posters do not agree with me however. For some inexplicable reason they have forgotten how they were rated going into their college career and now think Godsey was naturally just a better quarterback.

Sorry, I'm trying to remove my inadvertent double post. Is there a delete option for a post. Could come in handy after a dumb post.

I think A.J. Suggs, with proper coaching could be good. Good, not great. I think he could be good but not as good as Godsey. To be honest, I realy don't think he has the talent to beat out Damarius Bilbo for the job for the 2003 season. Just my opinion.

I think once Bilbo learns the offense and the system and gets comfortable, he will be the starter for the rest of his time at GT.

Then again, maybe Suggs will improve. That's why I'm eager to see the bowl game. I want to know how this team will respond to its worst adversity of the season. Worse than injuries. That was our rival that beat us by 44.

Suggs has little arm strength and can't read defenses. There is no way he can play in the NFL.

Anything is possible, but Suggs appears a little slow in reaction time. It also appears he gets rattled pretty easily.

Unless he improves drastically, I don't see a pro career for him.

Adam you are kidding right? I have not seen a WORSE starting qb in college in my entire 46 years of watching college football!!!!!!!! He will NEVER play in the nfl.

I hate to say this but AJ has about as much chance to make the NFL as I do and I'm in my mid 60's.

Originally posted by Adam Ridings gt fan:
ramblinwise1 i am 13.i could be kidding on this post.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Welcome aboard, Adam. We've got yellow jacket fans from 13 to mid 60's at least, I think thats awesome. Every now and then we get a little cranky, Adam, but don't take it personally and keep posting, OK? We need to hear a younger perspective on a lot of issues.

Adam Ridings, now that we know how old you are, we can understand your comments better.

Keep posting.

wink.gif

You're doing fine, Adam. We're all glad to have you posting! How'd you get to be a Tech fan?

Back