Super Official Night Games Thread

It was an easy call.

The announcers were trying to make it sounds like they got the snap off. They are idiots.

I was watching the game trying to figure out how they were going to/got the snap off.

What's the deal with Stanford just giving up there with three timeouts?

Thought so; but it was a pre-snap penalty; so what was the clock before the previous play?
I can't rewind on this WatchESPN window, but I thought the play they ran to get the first down ended with 1 second on the clock. The pre-snap penalty was not a false start that negates the play entirely (technically the defense could decline that), so that clock should have been exhausted down to 1 second, then 10 second runoff ends the game. Either way, the game result was correct. LSU was dumb not to be throwing at the endzone in that situation...

I can't rewind on this WatchESPN window, but I thought the play they ran to get the first down ended with 1 second on the clock. The pre-snap penalty was not a false start that negates the play entirely (technically the defense could decline that), so that clock should have been exhausted down to 1 second, then 10 second runoff ends the game. Either way, the game result was correct. LSU was dumb not to be throwing at the endzone in that situation...

+1

There is, that's how they got to 1 second. Illegal shift negated the play they ran with 11 seconds.

I think: 10 second run-off is for penalties that stop the clock. Illegal shift on down where clock is running didn't stop the clock. Clock restarts after ball is set for pre-snap penalty when the clock was running.

The Mad Hatter's luck has run out

I think: 10 second run-off is for penalties that stop the clock. Illegal shift on down where clock is running didn't stop the clock. Clock restarts after ball is set for pre-snap penalty when the clock was running.
That actually makes sense. Wish I could find the actual rule but it doesn't really matter. Review got it right, they didn't snap it in time. And they're still morons for not going at the endzone repeatedly.

Back