Support the Swarm Fund

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
men’s basketball team had just concluded its best ACC season in 24 years;

What a ööööing bill of goods that is

gambler

Went all in with 80k
I just donate my free government money checks. Then it's kind of like the entire country wants GA Tech to beat the hell out of ugag.

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
Prepare to be presented with the convenient option to forfeit your season ticket money to the cause!

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
men’s basketball team had just concluded its best ACC season in 24 years;

What a ööööing bill of goods that is
Yeah. I’m all for reaching out for funds, but 11-9 + a ban + a fringe NIT resume being the best season in 24 years is so embarssing that it should never be typed out on any official document ever again.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Same here. If ever the GTAA needed no-strings-attached money, this is the time. I'd like GT football to be back after this whole mess blows over and I'm afraid some programs won't.
Doesn’t Tech already spsonsor the minimum amount of varsity sports programs required by the NCAA or close to the minimum? So nothing can be cut no matter how dire it gets, right?

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Yeah. I’m all for reaching out for funds, but 11-9 + a ban + a fringe NIT resume being the best season in 24 years is so embarssing that it should never be typed out on any official document ever again.

Bravo sir. Apologies in advance for your ban

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like
Doesn’t Tech already spsonsor the minimum amount of varsity sports programs required by the NCAA or close to the minimum? So nothing can be cut no matter how dire it gets, right?
My brief Google research indicates you're right, for Division I. I don't know how realistic it would be for us to drop to Division II but there would have to be undesirable effects from the GTAA suddenly falling into grave(r) financial straits, right? If nothing else, the recent cash infusion into recruiting would be in danger. And I'd have to imagine there would be further effects than that.

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
Called my GTAA FB tickets point of contact 10 days ago and shifted/deferred my season tix to 2021 & am now pre-paid for 2021.

They are being extremely, historically flexible.

A-T Status will not change, season ticket holder status will not change. And for those who don't want to risk it & can't make their tickets a donation this year or take some other option, refund.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Called my GTAA FB tickets point of contact 10 days ago and shifted/deferred my season tix to 2021 & am now pre-paid for 2021.

They are being extremely, historically flexible.

A-T Status will not change, season ticket holder status will not change. And for those who don't want to risk it & can't make their tickets a donation this year or take some other option, refund.
extremely fan friendly

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
I read into something else in that email that I haven't seen mentioned.

If you are a current season ticket member and wish to contribute to the Support The Swarm Fund, you can a) make an online donation at the link above or b) contact your ticket office representative to discuss ways that you can redirect your ticket investment to the Support The Swarm Fund if you have already made the decision to not attend games this season due to health concerns.
Sounds to me as if they do indeed let us attend games if we want to do so and are comfortable with the health concerns.