Surprise !!! Surprise !!!

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
On the UPSIDE! Not too bad a game. Brand spanking new QB comes in and plays what I thought to be a pretty fair game. Coach helped him by not over-burdening him with some advanced stuff that we'll see later, but the boy done himself proud. Some Freshmen got some quality experience last night which is a good thing. What bothers me is the mental breakdowns we had, like: 1) Taunting; we don't need this crap. I'd like to see the taunters just shut their mouth and let their performance do the talking: 2) Slow getting plays in the game to call.
Overall, we just got a good spanking. The D-Secondary really struggled as BYU seemed to pass at will on us. I'd personally like to see more helmets on the ball CONSISTENTLY by the D.
Sure, we chalked up one in the "L" column, but I think this will turn around soon. Still not expecting to be national champs this year, but I am looking for consistent improvement from the team overall. We saw it last night too, but we still have a way to come.
Hang in there Team and Fans, cause we're at the edge of the cloud where the silver lining is showing. Stay upbeat and let's don't get down. Support this gang cause they need all they can get. AJC sure isn't going to help their morale any.

I'm glad you are at least upbeat. We could use more of it. I hope you are right.

Haven't watched the tape, but I noticed some good sticks in the first half. Our open-field tackling has been awful forever, but we laid some occasional wood last night.

The success of their passing game was not entirely the fault of our D; they ran good routes and #8 was poised and had a pretty quick release. BUT, we really needed more big plays. The taunting call hurt too.

Reggie, all things considered, was terrific.

I'm still a FOCer of course, and saw no reason to change.

Glad to see some positive stuff here. These guys and their coaches don't need any bitchin, whining, and complaining on their back at this time. They're hurting enough as it is, but what they can use is for some TRUE GT Fans to pick them up dust them off, encourage and send them in again. May sound old fashioned and corny, but I'm that way anyway.
LOL

The biggest positive is that Ball is only a freshman playing his first game. Imagine how good he's going to be as a junior and senior with a little more muscle and speed.

BYU was just a better team than us last night. We fought hard and had our chances. Most of us seem to be taking the loss with class.

Now give AUBURN hell, Tech!

Back