Sweet Win!

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Congratulations to the players and coaches for a win against FSU, I guess our first since my Junior year, fall of '75. It was a great game, but way too close at the end. Wish I could have been there - but happy for all Tech fans who were there to enjoy it. The crowd was great!

Observations:

1. FSU's decision to put two DL's in one gaps close to center backfired. Nesbitt moved quicker and Voss blocked better. My son said early on, if the guard blocks down there will be no one there to stop Dwyer. Perfect call. Bad decision, Mickey Andrews.
2. Claytor was very good. On the 3rd quarter run FSU tried to have the end pinch in to pick up Dwyer. Claytor blocked down and pile drove him to the ground and Dwyer was gone. My favorite OL block of the year!
3. So glad the ball bounced our way at the end. CPJ would have overcome it, but a last second loss would have felt too similar to the FSU loss in Lewis's first year. Now, we are 7-2, bowl eligible, and with a lot more out there to accomplish.
4. Nesbitt was very good today. I hope he gets well and ready to beet the Heels. But, if not, I think Jaybo will be ready if he has to go next week. Coming off a concussion he probably has been hit very little in practice since the injury. Give him a week with 1st team at practice and he will run the option very well against UNC. Still, I hope Josh starts.
5. THANKS, GATORS! I wish their team would have stormed the field when UGA scored its TD to cut it to 40 points to congratulate the Dawgs!

Back