T Hat Now Available!

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
I went by the bookstore today and they were down to just double xl. And after seeing it in person it’s basically a garbage product. Whatever Collins has access to isn’t the same. Since I was there I looked for other items I might like to purchase. There were none. Seriously it’s some of the worst line of everything I’ve ever seen. Pure garbage. I’ve checked out the Miami and NC state adidas gear and it’s pretty good. It would separate me from my money if it were Tech stuff.
The Under Armour stuff is pretty good (and better in general)

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
Best GT hat I've ever found was at a local Wal-Mart several years ago. Good shade of 'old gold' for the hat's body, a fully embroidered, multi-colored(black,white,shiny gold for contrast), yellow jacket above the bill, and 'yellow jackets' in black letters above the adjustment strap.

I bought all they had, maybe 4-5, and have worn them proudly. Gave one to the son of a family friend who is a small-town cop in South GA;Kid just graduated as a Presidential Scholar and is working in Savannah. I think I have one hat stuck back in a closet. Wish I could find some more, they were made by Signatures, according to tag on the sweatband. Oh, they were only $5 each!
Yeah my favorite GT hat was $5 at Walmart -khaki with a blue GT. It’s been in the ocean, Lake Lanier, Lake Hartwell -is worn out but I wear it often.

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
Got the hat. It’s fine and nothing to complain about.
Raise your standards brother. That's a $5 hat you just paid $30 for.

If you're happy, you're happy. Just saying, there's nothing wrong with us wanting quality stuff - especially if they're gonna charge 30 bucks for it. I'd rather pay $40 for the quality one the baseball team had than pay $30 for a $5 hat.

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
Raise your standards brother. That's a $5 hat you just paid $30 for.

If you're happy, you're happy. Just saying, there's nothing wrong with us wanting quality stuff - especially if they're gonna charge 30 bucks for it. I'd rather pay $40 for the quality one the baseball team had than pay $30 for a $5 hat.
But until they make better I have a new GT hat I can wear. It’s pretty comfortable too. Nike has the best hats but would rather overspend for adidas.

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
But until they make better I have a new GT hat I can wear. It’s pretty comfortable too. Nike has the best hats but would rather overspend for adidas.
Nike and Adidas (and Under Amour for the matter) are pretty similar and pretty subpar as far as hats go imo. Try The Game or New Era. Their hats actually hold up and hold their form. Every single Nike/Adidas/UA hat that I've ever had has become a floppy mess after minimal wearing, whereas I've got New Era and The Game hats that I've had since I was at Tech 04-09 that are still in excellent shape.

Also, they had plenty of other "new" hats at the bookstore that were cheaper and better quality than the "T" hat. It's nice that they actually listened and got a similar to the one we all wanted out there, but it's not even close to the same hat the baseball team had. Hopefully they actually put that one out there at some point. As stated above, I'd pay more for a better quality hat.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Nike and Adidas (and Under Amour for the matter) are pretty similar and pretty subpar as far as hats go imo. Try The Game or New Era. Their hats actually hold up and hold their form. Every single Nike/Adidas/UA hat that I've ever had has become a floppy mess after minimal wearing, whereas I've got New Era and The Game hats that I've had since I was at Tech 04-09 that are still in excellent shape.

Also, they had plenty of other "new" hats at the bookstore that were cheaper and better quality than the "T" hat. It's nice that they actually listened and got a similar to the one we all wanted out there, but it's not even close to the same hat the baseball team had. Hopefully they actually put that one out there at some point. As stated above, I'd pay more for a better quality hat.
Many of us hate stiff hats and want the hat "floppy". I dont consider those new era hats to be quality, to me they look ridiculous like you are wearing a logoed tophat. What angle of the brim is "cool" these days? Skewed 45 degrees to the right?

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
Many of us hate stiff hats and want the hat "floppy". I dont consider those new era hats to be quality, to me they look ridiculous like you are wearing a logoed tophat. What angle of the brim is "cool" these days? Skewed 45 degrees to the right?
It sounds like you're speaking exclusively about flat bills and high profile MLB style hats. I don't wear those and hate those looks as well. I'm long out of hs.

New Era makes "dad hats," lower profile versions of the pro style hats, etc. etc. They make just about any hat style that you can think of. I'm talking better materials and quality stitching.

The "flop" looks terrible. You can have low profile and "dad" style hats that actually hold some type of shape and don't just look messy.

PS, the "T" hat this thread is talking about is a wannabe flat bill (and also higher profile). I say wannabe because it's a flat bill when it's sold, but that bill is gonna fall apart after minimal working. It's crap. The hat we actually want and this thread is about (the one the baseball team got) is a wannabe New Era flat bill hat (the kind you're hating on in your post above). It looked to be comparable quality though. Fortunately, we're all pretty smart and I'm pretty sure that we can figure out how to bend the bill. The front side is the cool side btw.

I have this hat and it's 1000x better quality than any of that Adidas crap:
https://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/m...justable-hat/p-47258601345840+z-9504-75190420

I've got a blue version of this hat that I've had since 2006. It's faded a little, but otherwise in great shape
https://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/m...apback-hat/p-36573025504869+z-9555-3689129560

Neither are flat bill or high profile. Both are cheaper than the crappy Adidas hats, yet will actually last. Do some research.

Last edited:

gte490v

Dodd-Like
It sounds like you're speaking exclusively about flat bills and high profile MLB style hats it sounds like. I don't wear those and hate those looks as well. I'm long out of hs.

New Era makes "dad hats," lower profile versions of the pro style hats, etc. etc. They make just about any hat style that you can think of. I'm talking better materials and quality stitching.

The "flop" looks terrible. You can have low profile and "dad" style hats that actually hold some type of shape and don't just look messy.

PS, the "T" hat this thread is talking about is a wannabe flat bill (and also higher profile). I say wannabe because it's a flat bill when it's sold, but that bill is gonna fall apart after minimal working. It's crap. The hat we actually want and this thread is about (the one the baseball team got) is actually a wannabe New Era flat bill hat (the kind you're hating on in your post above). It looked to be comparable quality though. Fortunately, we're all pretty smart and I'm pretty sure that we can figure out how to bend the bill. The front side is the cool side btw.

https://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/m...justable-hat/p-47258601345840+z-9504-75190420

I've got a blue version of this hat that I've had since 2006. It's faded a little, but otherwise in great shape
https://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/m...apback-hat/p-36573025504869+z-9555-3689129560

Neither are flat bill or high profile. Both are cheaper than the crappy Adidas hats, yet will actually last. Do some research.
Nice taste in hats. That bar hat is the best GT hat available. I have mine from 2000, it is in terrible shape.l

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Nice taste in hats. That bar hat is the best GT hat available. I have mine from 2000, it is in terrible shape.l
yep, my The Game bar hat is the one I got for my birthday the spring before I started freshman year in August. I wear it on game days but not very often otherwise because I don't want it falling apart.

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
It sounds like you're speaking exclusively about flat bills and high profile MLB style hats. I don't wear those and hate those looks as well. I'm long out of hs.

PS, the "T" hat this thread is talking about is a wannabe flat bill (and also higher profile). I say wannabe because it's a flat bill when it's sold, but that bill is gonna fall apart after minimal working. It's crap. The hat we actually want and this thread is about (the one the baseball team got) is a wannabe New Era flat bill hat (the kind you're hating on in your post above). It looked to be comparable quality though. Fortunately, we're all pretty smart and I'm pretty sure that we can figure out how to bend the bill. The front side is the cool side btw.

Can’t wear any of those as my head is too big. I can only wear flex fit hats so this one works great for me. I’ll wear it until it wears out and then get another. I agree I would rather have a “better” hat but wth, it’s what is available. I have good New Era flex fit hats with my company logo that I wear most of the time and agree they are nicer than a lot of the adidas stuff.

Last edited:

GoJackets89

Helluva Engineer
I've been buying The game hats for a while, they hold up very well.

I would like to see more adidas hats though. It seems we have the most basic hats that adidas rolls out. I see other adidas schools that have the exact style of hats we do plus a wider variety.

User 8976

User account deleted
yep, my The Game bar hat is the one I got for my birthday the spring before I started freshman year in August. I wear it on game days but not very often otherwise because I don't want it falling apart.
Have you read The Game?

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Well I bought the last one at the bookstore. Good luck to the rest of you.