Tailgating

Originally posted by GottaGoodBuzz:
We'll bee tailgating in the AMC for the first time this season and eating whatever SWMBO decides - it's all good
drinking.gif

btw, Ms.TA,did you ever try the cornbeef & cabbage?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GGB: Yes I did quite a while back. And forgive me for not letting you know - easy, fast and tasty! Matter-of-fact, I have already made ALL THE RECIPES! That was a good thread and got some good eats to make!

This will be the first year
shocked.gif
confused.gif
I try my hand at tailgating with the family so any advise from ya'll will be greatfully appreciated
drinking.gif

Originally posted by Thomsonjacket:
shocked.gif
confused.gif
I try my hand at tailgating with the family so any advise from ya'll will be greatfully appreciated
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">TJ: Plan your tailgate. Also if you don't know where you're tailgating yet (no parking pass), I would suggest making a trip down to GT to find your spot before the first home game. If you bought a parking pass - I wouldn't worry.

I write-up a list of the food and drinks we are going to have for each game and what I need to buy and make. Make list of all other things you need to bring - grill, chairs, tables, tv, radios, camera, can opener, shakers, rain gear if needed ... you name it. After you get all things together - do a check off to make sure you didn't forget something. Believe me, it helps and pays off. If you have young children - make a list just for them, kids want certain things to play with if you are going early and be there all day.

Make sure you have room for everything with everybody who will be with you - don't laugh, after putting everything together sometimes there's not enough room for everything and everyone - we've done that a couple of times.

Get there early enough to set-up and enjoy yourself! Give everyone in your party a responsiblity - that works for us and really works well! In the end, it all works out and so much fun.
drinking.gif

Tailgate pointers:

1. Keep a clean and tidy set-up

Keep the "clean-up" in mind during the day and don't let the tailgate get too far out of hand. You don't want to end up with a 2 hour clean-up/pack-up effort.

We always leave the tailgate 1 hour before kick-off. That way we can take our time walking to the stadium, stop off for a restroom break in the student center, and still get there 30 min before kick-off.

Like the well oiled machine that our tailgate has become, at T-minus 1 hour and 15 minutes, we pack up and clean up and head out. Its almost effortless.

2. Carry all supplies in those big Tupperware boxes marked "Tailgate supplies". That makes it easy to throw everything in the truck on Friday night, and also easy to pack everything up at T-minus 1:15.

3. Make sure you pack a water-type carpenters level in with your cooking supplies so you can level your breakfast grittle. You don't want oval-shaped pancakes for breakfast.

4. Get to the parking lot first and go ahead and swipe a couple of trashcans. That way you won't have to walk far to throw your trash away.

"Having walked through the barnyard many times before, helps in knowing where to step...."

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by Thomsonjacket:
shocked.gif
confused.gif
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thomson,

I started out by visiting a few of the established
tailgates to get an idea of what the successfull
folks were doing.

I'll probably visit the O'Keefe / AMC contingent
quite a bit this season. They're great to hang
out with on road trip tailgates.

2BT....great summary of the AMC crowd.

Can't speak for anyone else but I have a blast and the folks are friendly. Watch out for #56 and don't let your wife make you quit the Buffalo Club
pat.gif

If you're lucky you may even get to see the Left Techsticle call the port-a-potty races on the bullhorn

Looking forward to another great year.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Same here MsTa, should I bring the boxing gloves so we can spar?

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No boxing gloves needed! Will welcome you because 56 years of supporting GT is all I need! Make sure you let me know what games and we can sit down, relax, dine on some good food, toast the Jackets and enjoy preparing to root for our favorite team!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MsTA.. I will bring the games... my new gailey dartboard & punching bag...
(may be especially popular after the game)...
smile.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: Okay! Any frustrations come after the games and that punching bag can work wonders!!!! I not a very good loser - OH WELL, WE MAY NEED MORE THE 'ONE BAG'!

We'll bee tailgating in the AMC for the first time this season and eating whatever SWMBO decides - it's all good
drinking.gif

btw, Ms.TA,did you ever try the cornbeef & cabbage?

2BT: Great analysis and LOL on the drunk men trowing the ball at 2AM. Be sure and bring those 70s cds! :-)
GTF: Who's #56?

We're one of the ones that get there Friday and leave Sunday in the AMC/8th St lot. Look for the GTSAV tags (GT Sports Activities Vehicle)on a motorhome. Party starts immediately upon arrival.

Never know when the frat houses will have special visitors, or when the women's VB team may have a visitor jog into the locker room with them or onto the bus. :-)

WVB is now one of my favorite sports to watch! If you haven't gone, go! Exciting and loud with the pep band. They are tremendous athletes!

Be sure and drop by for some Palmers Power Punch and join the crowd.

Anyone do their tailgating at Peters Park? That is where my parking was last year.

AFR, I date a VB player so watch out what you say. Just kidding. Was just wondering if it would be ok if I stop by for some PPP before hitting the GTVB game up.

Back