Take a trip back..

Honestly, it's crazy good that a 6-6 year is considered a bad year at GT.

Honestly based on the schedule I could see them slotting us in 6th.

Pitt has the fab sophomores
VPI has a bunch of injuries and young playmakers coming back
Miami is relatively young and will have Kaaya
Duke MIGHT be picked below us after losing Crowder and Boone (if Vad Lee transfers they will pick Duke over us)
UNC will be picked ahead of us because they will elect to redshirt Trubisky next season and go all in with Williams.

we lose all our A-Backs, both WR, and a great lineman.

On D we lose IJ, Nealy, and Shawn Green.

I think Miami will be the trendy pick in the preseason. My guess is something like this (for the media prediction):

Miami
UNC
VPI
Duke
Pitt
GT
UVA

I think Miami will be the trendy pick in the preseason. My guess is something like this (for the media prediction):

Miami
UNC
VPI
Duke
Pitt
GT
UVA

Nah. Duke isn't high enough. They are the new UNC ...

Miami
Duke
UNC
GT
VPI
Pitt
UVA

Or, as Wes pointed at the end of the 08 Georgia game "Everybody thought this team would be 3-9. They got a case of the 9 and 3s. And they may have won themselves a bowl game today, Rick."

Only difference this year ... it's gonna be at least a case of the 10 and 2s.

THWG!!!

They will say we lost most of our running backs and 2 starting WRs. We lost Mason on the OL and Nealy on defense. They will expect Tech to take a step back as 2015 will be a rebuilding year, especially with the tough schedule. A prediction of fourth sounds about right. Then, surprise surprise, we'll finish at or near the top again.

I agree on the strength of schedule working against us.

However ...

Year 2 of the offense with JT. Almost the entire O line back, with depth behind it. An albeit inexperienced B-back but with more upside than his predecessors (no disrespect to Mr. Days and Mr. Laskey, who have been terrific in that role). We will lose some A-backs but I think we have some good ones behind them and on the way. The biggest losses on the offense will be at receiver.

We ought to have JHD and Whitehead on the field next year, with Gotsis, Gamble, Kallon and maybe a couple for freshmen. PJ Davis and perhaps Lewis/Jackson at LB. Almost the entire secondary back.

This season reminds me a little of PJ's 98 season at Southern. Explosive offense. Sometimes shaky defense. A quarterback coming into his own.

If next year is anything like 99 was for PJ at Southern, with that same QB and O line coming back ... look out.

I agree on the strength of schedule working against us.

However ...

Year 2 of the offense with JT. Almost the entire O line back, with depth behind it. An albeit inexperienced B-back but with more upside than his predecessors (no disrespect to Mr. Days and Mr. Laskey, who have been terrific in that role). We will lose some A-backs but I think we have some good ones behind them and on the way. The biggest losses on the offense will be at receiver.

We ought to have JHD and Whitehead on the field next year, with Gotsis, Gamble, Kallon and maybe a couple for freshmen. PJ Davis and perhaps Lewis/Jackson at LB. Almost the entire secondary back.

This season reminds me a little of PJ's 98 season at Southern. Explosive offense. Sometimes shaky defense. A quarterback coming into his own.

If next year is anything like 99 was for PJ at Southern, with that same QB and O line coming back ... look out.

About 6 weeks ago I thought next year's schedule would kill us. Clemson returning Deshaun Watson. Miami bringing a lot of guys back. UGA always good. Add FSU and Notre Dame, and we're in trouble. But Notre Dame turned out to be overrated, and FSU loses Winston and is overrated as well IMO. Clemson loses some on their stout defense. UGA will have to find a QB. I think we will compete every game next year.

About 6 weeks ago I thought next year's schedule would kill us. Clemson returning Deshaun Watson. Miami bringing a lot of guys back. UGA always good. Add FSU and Notre Dame, and we're in trouble. But Notre Dame turned out to be overrated, and FSU loses Winston and is overrated as well IMO. Clemson loses some on their stout defense. UGA will have to find a QB. I think we will compete every game next year.

They should be worried about us. Thomas chews razorblades while their QB's chew bubble gum. We have some good returning OL and the DL should be better next season. We have a good bit of secondary coming back. Our LB's should be fine with Days coming back.

Back