Talk about being mad at your coach

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I played golf today with an awbie and he actually said he hopes we beat them so they can fire the whole staff. His reasoning being that they learned nothing from the game with USC last year and did the same thing this year.

Originally posted by texstinger:
I played golf today with an awbie and he actually said he hopes we beat them so they can fire the whole staff. His reasoning being that they learned nothing from the game with USC last year and did the same thing this year.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ya, I have never been a big supporter of Tubby. His Offensive Coord is saying some pretty stupid stuff now too about how he wasnt prepared, ext....

Tuberville is breaking in a new OF coordinator. Petrino went to Louisville and beat Kentucky last night.

Tuberville can be an arrogant jerk though. My Auburn buddy told me that he said any opposing team's coach was welcome to watch AU practice because nothing they could do would stop the Tigers. Oops. (He also lit victory cigars on the sideline midway through the 4th quarter at the LSU game).

Auburn dropped to 19th, but got ONE lst place vote in coaches' poll - wonder who that one is. hmmmm....

What a difference in expectations. They "drop" to 19th in the country and people are poffed?

Here, should we upset Vanderbilt people might tear down the goalposts.

As for Tuberville, the guy can coach. He took over Ole Miss and did remarkably well with what, 15 to 20 scholarships gone?

Speaking of which, maybe if they don't like him there we can swap?

No thanks Tuberville is Chan Gailey with bigger ears. Now if we want a real coach go after Sonny Lubbick
wink.gif

Sonny has done a minor miracle at CSU. What about Snyder at KSU, but my favorite would be Butch Davis. He inherited a mess at UM and built it back up with a lot of players graduating.

Texstinger,

Sonny has performed a minor miracle at CSU. But before that he was an assistant at Miami (Fla) and was offered the job (I think it was when Butch Davis took it). If he turned that down, I doubt he'd come here.

Snyder has performed a major miracle at KSU. But why would he come here? He coaches in a better conference, has a better chance of getting an MNC at KSU, doesn't have the recruiting restrictions, has a broader curriculum and is an absolute hero in Manhattan. If he came here and didn't change his name to O'Leary or McWhorter and lost his first game, people would be screaming for his job. Ask me again why he would even think about coming here?

Butch Davis did a great job guiding Miami through its probation and bringing them back (with class). I think he'd be great here. But why would he come here? He's building a good team in Cleveland. He did everything but win the MNC at Miami and everyone knows if he had stayed it would have been his. I'm sure his sights are set on the Super Bowl. Why would he come here?

If we need a new coach anytime soon we need to look at the guy from Boise State, or TCU or some place like that. I'd love to find a Fisher Deberry clone - kind of like Grobe. Or how about Spencer on this staff? He had a great run as HC at West Georgia.

Be that as it may, I'm pulling for Chan to get things going in the right direction and be here for a long time.

Let there bee no doubt I want CG to succeed, but if time ever came for a change we should shoot higher than just another "Tech Man." Davis - I tell you as long as our expectations are low we should never have any reason to complain. As for me I want us to win every game, graduate all our players and have the best university in the ACC or sec. There are plenty of others putting us down, no need for us to help them. I expect the best from, and for, GT.

TS I think, not sure, will have to check but I am sure Tech is not a University.

Good sir Foggy, "University - An institution of higher learning authorized to confer degrees in various special fields." I sure hope we are one of them smart type places.

Back