Taylor Bennett

helluvaparamedic

Damn Good Rat
Did anyone else see Taylor Bennett's face on camera yesterday? His face said everything, "these coaches have no confidence in me whatsoever". Thanks for playing well enough to win last Saturday w/ only a few hours notice to prepare to play the entire game. You didn't make any major mistakes to hurt us..........but son, you just aint good enough to play D-1A football. In essence this is the message that I think has been sent to TB. I see him transferring next season. I think that the earliest he should have been given some PT yesterday was the beginning of the 3rd quarter. If this Garner kid is the bombdiggity that we expect him to be, then TB will be out in the cold, not to mention Kyle Manley. Taylor Bennett enrolled early to better familiarize himself with CG's system. So in essence if what I predict with Bennett comes to pass we will have a RS-Freshman as our #2 QB, and another full season of the Reggie Ball roller coaster ride. If the ship that is this season is not righted and CG is still our coach next season then I see Reggie Ball becoming his Albatross much the same as Quincy Carter was Jim Donnan's.

I think you read his face all wrong.

It looked more to me like, "please don't throw me to those wolves."

I don't actually think he was scared, but I don't think he was dying to get in either. At a minimum, he likely had mixed feelings about wanting to go in or not.

Taylor should have had some PT, but we did have a healthy starter. No disgrace to TB by any stretch.

Putting him in earlier with the way our OL was playing would have been the worse thing we could have done for his confidence.

[ QUOTE ]
Putting him in earlier with the way our OL was playing would have been the worse thing we could have done for his confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so, and it was obvious that our OL was getting mauled.
However, there will be very few if any times this year that our line will dominate the los in obvious passing situations.
Unfortunately, that is what it will take for RB to see downfield... I would like to hear from someone in attendance if we had consistently open receivers in the middle of the field...

This is not a slam against RB. Its just a statement that has its roots from what CG has often repeated. This is nothing new. Sometimes, we just have to be able to pass the ball in order to get back to our run game.

As everyone that was still watching will recall, RB had to roll out a good 10 yards to his left in order to see CJ down the field. Great throw and catch!! On the touchdown throw, that fade (lob) throw to CJ looked like it came out of a mortar.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif

As a competitor and athlete, I really like RB as an offensive weapon. Just not QB when we get behind, or when playing a big and fast D front.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif

I think your post is a bit of a stretch.

You need to remember that Bennett played very little football in high school. You also need to remember that we've had very few games where our 2nd string gets a chance to practice a little.

TB is not ready because he's not ready. Not because Chan doesn't think he could be ready one day.

I think your comments about TB transferring are a bit more than this board should allow, quite frankly.

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else see Taylor Bennett's face on camera yesterday? His face said everything, "these coaches have no confidence in me whatsoever" ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree. I don't know about the transfering part, though.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think we would have been better to start #13 at QB against VTech, and if he faultered, replace him with #1.

I believe in the rule "If you don't practice, you don't play". Or, at least, don't start. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

2333971_80X60.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

Back