Team Fix Flunkout

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
image.jpg

Dear Brothers,

As most of you know, our tailgate captain @GT flunkout got seriously injured at Lake Lanier on July 4th. He suffered a spinal injury from two broken bones in his neck and got diagnosed as an incomplete quadreplegic. What that means is that he doesn't have full use of his arms and legs but he may one day be able to recover through intense physical therapy and God's will. With the great work of the folks at Shepherd Center he has gotten a lot better in the last 3 months and now he can actually somewhat wiggle his toes, feel his hamstring and he can move his arms. He has recently gotten discharged from Shepherd Center and is now at the VA hospital in Augusta continuing his treatment. He's on a long hard journey but we know he's got the will to fight and get back on his feet very soon. We have all been praying for his recovery and most of y'all have already contributed in many ways to help support him in this journey.

We're continuing our efforts to help raise funds for him, because as you can imagine, this is an extremely expensive endeavour. So far with the contributions, from you guys as well, $18k has been raised and we're trying to reach the goal of $30K, which will go a long way to help Flunkout fight this battle.

So today I'm asking you on behalf of Flunkout and those who want to see him back on his feet, to donate to help reach the goal. He's been my brother since our first tailgate together and I feel it is my responsibility to ask for your help. For another way to donate and to show solidarity, Cyp and I will have "Fix Flunkout" wristbands, that were made by his girlfriend and his family, that we will be selling at the tailgate for $5 if you would like to help in that way.

This is a man whose heart bleeds white and gold, and I can tell you that what pisses him off more than anything, given the circumstances, is sitting in a hospital bed in Augusta rather than being out there with us on Saturday.

I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to all of you who have already helped and been there for our brother.

Yours Sincerely,

Akinji07

Gofundme link

Last edited:
For those who have not seen it, the most recent update from Flunkout copied from the gofundme link above:

Friends and family,
I have procrastinated making a full effort to put an update here for a while and know this is long overdue.
As most of you know, I broke my neck in a diving accident on Lake Lanier on July 4th. My injury is at the C5 vertebrae and was incomplete, which means it allows for some recovery, the extent which may not be known for some time. The injury impacted my upper and lower extremities, which classifies me as a quadriplegic. Spinal cord recovery is extremely unpredictable and definite prognosis is non existent.

Following the injury I spent eight days in the ICU at Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville Georgia. During that time I had slight movement of my arms, specifically my biceps and shoulder movement. I was on a ventilator to help me to breathe for 3 days. I spent the next 3 weeks trying to get the lake water out of my lungs and it was a good day when that finally ended.

I moved to Shepherd Center in Atlanta to continue treatment and therapy and stayed there until the 20th of last week. While I was there I worked on balance and some movement and worked out a lot of muscle soreness in my biceps in my shoulders as well as work to strengthen the muscles that I have available. in the middle of August I was able to switch the muscle in my right hamstring. In the month since I have been able to sense movement in other muscles of my right thigh including my quadriceps and glutes as well as my calf. Visually I I'm now able to see the toes on both of my feet wiggle slightly and can push my foot down just barely on both feet. Last week I was able to feel my left calf muscle which is exciting because my left leg is lagging well behind my right.

In my upper body my triceps maybe starting to kick in but they are barely perceptible. My hands still do not function and in therapy they continue to use Electro stimulation to get them to kick in. I I am able to Twitch my left thumb as well as small movement in my right ring finger. I am now at the VA Medical Center in Augusta Georgia where I will continue therapy for at least the next 4 to 6 weeks.

I would like everyone to know how much their thoughts, good vibes and prayers have meant to me. So many people have reached out and offered to help in so many ways. I don't know how I can ever show enough gratitude for everything that has been done for me. Please know that I am not giving up and I appreciate every everybody. Many of you have reached out and I have not been able to respond to all of you, but know how much it has meant to me and that I will get back to you in the days ahead.

Too many people I need to thank personally, but there are a couple people I need to single out sooner rather than later. My sister [redacted] is renovating her house so that I have a place to come to when I finally leave the hospital to continue outpatient therapy. She has done a great deal for me and I don't know how I could get through without her support.

I met a woman in 2015 that quickly became my world and I don't know what I would do without her today. We are both not much for sentimentality, even if we do tend to cry more than we should, so I will just leave it at that. Thank you [redacted].

Thanks to all!
"I'm not dead"
Flunkout

Is there a link to donate? Have never met or interacted with him but would like to donate towards his recovery and good health

Is there a link to donate? Have never met or interacted with him but would like to donate towards his recovery and good health

Yeah for some reason the gofundme link i posted shows up on the desktop but not on mobile. I updated my original post with what cyp just posted.

And thank you Dirty Jacket.

All right, you bastards ... listen up ...

Chris Mingledorff is the greatest Tech fan to ever wear the white and gold ... and I'm going to tell you why.

Christopher Aloyisius Mingledorff was born in Athens, GA in the great whiteout of '79. He popped right out of his mama and yelled "To HELL with Georgia!", which immediately made him the target of some drunk frat boys pissing in the snow just next to the barn where his momma and daddy had pulled in to escape the blizzard. Needless to say, the baby Mingledorff whipped their asses.

Over the years, much to the chagrin of his largely-dwag family, Mingledorff demonstrated that he bled white and gold for Ma Tech. He suffered the dark days of B*** L***** and witnessed the spectacle of the 1990 National Championship and O'Leary's 3-0 streak. He attended Clarke Central High School ... smack dab in the belly of the inbred, knuckle-dragging beast, but that tough son of a bitch never hesitated to "piss on 'em".

Mingledorff was eventually accepted to Ma Tech ... and he lasted about a year before that bitch chewed him up and spit him out. Yet, his love for the Yellow Jackets never wavered.

He went on to establish the greatest tailgate of all time, including locking down special permissions for a Georgia Tech tailgate right there at the Clarke Central High School parking lot every other year ... that's right, we own Clarke Central every other year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

To boot, this exceptional Tech Man served in our nation's armed services - three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan ... flew the Tech Flag over Fallujah and made Saddam Hussein sing a bar of "Up with the White and Gold" before punching him in his stupid face.

If there was ever a man deserving of your gratitude, it is Chris Mingledorff.

Go Jackets!
To HELL with Georgia!
Long LIVE @GT flunkout !!!

Last edited:

Chris Mingledorff is the greatest Tech fan to ever wear the white and gold ... and I'm going to tell you why.

Christopher Aloyisius Mingledorff was born in Athens, GA in the great whiteout of '79. He popped right out of his mama and yelled "To HELL with Georgia!", which immediately made him the target of some drunk frat boys pissing in the snow just next to the barn where his momma and daddy had pulled in to escape the blizzard. Needless to say, the baby Mingledorff whipped their asses.

Over the years, much to the chagrin of his largely-dwag family, Mingledorff demonstrated that he bled white and gold for Ma Tech. He suffered the dark days of B*** L***** and witnessed the spectacle of the 1990 National Championship and O'Leary's 3-0 streak. He attended Clarke Central High School ... smack dab in the belly of the inbred, knuckle-dragging beast, but that tough son of a bitch never hesitated to "piss on 'em".

Mingledorff was eventually accepted to Ma Tech ... and he lasted about a year before that bitch chewed him up and spit him out. Yet, his love for the Yellow Jackets never wavered.

He went on to establish the greatest tailgate of all time, including locking down special permissions for a Georgia Tech tailgate right there at the Clarke Central High School parking lot every other year ... that's right, we own Clarke Central every other year on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

To boot, this exceptional Tech Man served in our nation's armed services - three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan ... flew the Tech Flag over Fallujah and made Saddam Hussein sing a bar of "Up with the White and Gold" before punching him in his stupid face.

Go Jackets!
To HELL with Georgia!

hall of fame post right here

He went on to establish the greatest tailgate of all time, including locking down special permissions for a Georgia Tech tailgate right there at the Clarke Central High School parking lot every other year ... that's right, we own Clarke Central every other year on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

Go Jackets!
To HELL with Georgia!
Isn't there a picture of the flag in Fallujah? If so, post it please.

Mine and Chris' ancestors came to the new world on the same boat almost 300 years ago. We may be related. I'll buy a wristband because family.

Is there a Team Break Flunkout? And how do I contribute to that?

I met him briefly. Good guy and left him some Makers Mark. Who is going to send me a wristband?

Back