Team leadership retreat

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
I love Burton, Seed, Rabun, the whole area, grew up spending my summers up there, many wonderful memories. Those wooden Chris Craft runabouts were just a thing of beauty. I spent the weekend on Rabun with an old friend who still had two of those beauties. They are really, really high maintenance. Was surprised to see there were others there also. Glad people are trying to maintain them.

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
Wow! I posted my Lake Burton, Seed comment before I read the article and now I'm embarrassed. That was very, very powerful. I've been involved in something like that with my life and the article actually made me very emotional because I could feel what a lot of them were experiencing. I agree, people need to read the article, maybe each will get a different reaction and that is fine.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I believe quite a few teams have weekly Sr leadership meetings or breakfast - but this seems to have gone MUCH deeper. Very meaningful, more sincere, intense (whether intended or not) and inclusive of more factors.

Well done.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
Kumbaya :grouphug:

Not convinced all this feel-good stuff really matters for football. We'll see how the team does this year

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like

Not convinced all this feel-good stuff really matters for football. We'll see how the team does this year
CGC has stated time and time again that his job is about more than just coaching football - it is about connecting with the players and raising leaders. That is what is going to draw recruits (and their parents) to him and to Tech.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory

Team building and leadership development are mission critical, and the off the field aspects are equally important as the on field aspects. This is true of any organization not just a football team.

I’m not convinced you have a clue what it takes.