Tech commitment LB on CTSD tonight

i_bleed_gold_white

Varsity Lurker
Tech LB commitment Travis Chambers will be in-studio guest on Fox Sport South's "Countdown To Signing Day" which airs at 6:30 tonight. This is the LB commitment who I mentioned in one post that "I just love the way this guy looks. He even looks mean".

Originally posted by i_bleed_gold_white:
Tech LB commitment Travis Chambers will be in-studio guest on Fox Sport South's "Countdown To Signing Day" which airs at 6:30 tonight. This is the LB commitment who I mentioned in one post that "I just love the way this guy looks. He even looks mean".
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks for the heads up, ibgw. Didn't get a chance to see Travis. Would have loved to see him.

If anyone wants to tell about Travis on Countdown, would be cool.

GO JACKETS!!

I watched the program, heres a few notes:

- He is built like the Hulk. They said he squatted 700 lbs his 10th grade year!

- He had a 4.0 in high school.

- He said GT needed to do a better job of recruiting in state.

- He explained the reason he chose GT was because of the defense and the openings at the LB position. He also touched on the LB from Tx that we are recruiting. I can't remember the name.

- Then they talked about a teammate of his at Chamblee who has Leukemia.

- He played his 11th grade season with a broken wrist and told the doctor that he wouldn't wear a cast unless he was allowed to play with it on.

- They finished it up with him signing the ball. It was a very good interview. This guy seems like he's got a head on his shoulder.
grin.gif

I saw him, he seems like a great kid out of Chamblee, he averaged 16.6 tackles a game his junior year while playing most the season with a broken hand, he said he came to tech for the oppurtunity to stay close to home, get a good education, and most importantly play right away with all 3 LB's graduating. Hope he is a good one, great job chan for recruiting in state on this kid

Chambers looks like a full grown man. You know the type 18 going on 30. When he squatted the 700 lbs. apparently it bent the bar over his back and they keep the bent bar in the corner of the weight room for inspiration. How can this guy not be rated higher by the recruiting gurus? He squats 700 lbs., has good speed, and averages over 16 tackles per game. What else are you looking for?

Originally posted by JTS:
Chambers looks like a full grown man. You know the type 18 going on 30. When he squatted the 700 lbs. apparently it bent the bar over his back and they keep the bent bar in the corner of the weight room for inspiration. How can this guy not be rated higher by the recruiting gurus? He squats 700 lbs., has good speed, and averages over 16 tackles per game. What else are you looking for?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Key Fox was also rated about the same and look at what he has done for us on The Flats. Can't rely on the recruiting services to get them all right.
smile.gif

Actually, this kid's status has been progressively climbing with the recruiting services. I've heard Jamie Newberg talk about Travis and say that he has some of the best form he's ever seen in a middle linebacker. One of my favorite quotes about him was that "when this kid hits a ballcarrier, they feel it for about a week". One other thing I noticed about him in several of the video clips I've seen on him is that he "breaks down" very well on tackles and drives through the tackle well, he does not arm tackle. When he wraps up a guy, I can promise you that his 700 lb. squatting-self is going to win most battles of strength.

I'd just like to see us sign 1 or 2 more really big and quick outside linebackers to go along with him. Combine those with the guys like Nick Moore that we already have and our LB's could be something special for quite a while to come.

Don't worry about recruiting services. He's strong, tough, smart, and wants to be a Yellow Jacket. What more could we ask for?

Its starting to become abundantly clear to me that this staff has an eye for talent. I REALLY like how we are recruiting right now !!!

Originally posted by ccujacket:
[QB]I watched the program, heres a few notes:

He also touched on the LB from Tx that we are recruiting. I can't remember the name.

I heard that quote too..Im not sure if he meant Nick Moore whom we signed last year..He said Nick somebody...Does anyone else know if he is talking about another highly rated recruit/Lb in texas we are currently recruiting????

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
Its starting to become abundantly clear to me that this staff has an eye for talent. I REALLY like how we are recruiting right now !!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think you'll also notice that they are recruiting guys who are fast and tall (not all of them but most). Those are two things you can't coach. Most of the guys we got last year all have NFL type bodies. Yes we'll have to put weight on some of them to build them up to NFL weight but they have the size and speed. I see that trend continuing right now.

Back