Techsideline...

Original techsideline thread

lvl0.gif
Paula johnson gets paid millions to call the same 3 plays and be .500. -- That O and M 10/25/2018 8:54PM
lvl1.gif
Right...??? Was just thinking the same thing. ** -- great2bahokie 10/25/2018 8:56PM
lvl1.gif
Our staff gets paid millions to be unable to stop said 3 plays. ** -- Maroon Baboon 10/25/2018 8:55PM

Speaking of the band... my son was listening to radio broadcast and said that after that 4th down stop we made, the announcers commented that our band was playing Enter Sandman as the Hokie fans were in mass exodus mode. I'd love to see this if there's a video somewhere.

Speaking of the band... my son was listening to radio broadcast and said that after that 4th down stop we made, the announcers commented that our band was playing Enter Sandman as the Hokie fans were in mass exodus mode. I'd love to see this if there's a video somewhere.
Wow, it's great that the band prepped that song just in case we kicked butt enough to use it.

I was sitting behind the band and didn’t notice “Enter Sandman.” Might be wishful thinking (but I was mostly getting tuba, so I might have missed it).

VPI had “Hokie Karaoke” with Blink 182 on their Jumbotron as the exodus was happening. Lyrics on the screen were mostly “say it ain’t so, I will not go, turn the light off, carry me home.”
Seemed apt.

Gotta say, they took the loss well. Everybody was still smiling in the crowd shots, and nobody was hostile or pissy on the long walk back to the car. They’ve gotten a lot less nasty up there over the years.

JRjr

I was sitting behind the band and didn’t notice “Enter Sandman.” Might be wishful thinking (but I was mostly getting tuba, so I might have missed it).

VPI had “Hokie Karaoke” with Blink 182 on their Jumbotron as the exodus was happening. Lyrics on the screen were mostly “say it ain’t so, I will not go, turn the light off, carry me home.”
Seemed apt.

Gotta say, they took the loss well. Everybody was still smiling in the crowd shots, and nobody was hostile or pissy on the long walk back to the car. They’ve gotten a lot less nasty up there over the years.

JRjr

I’ve always been treated well up there. Had one guy bark at me, but he was smiling. If they live vicariously through uga, I hope they play the dwags someday. They’ll learn quickly to hate them like everyone else.

That is so freaking awesome and such a freaking Tech thing to do. Love it.

I’ve always been treated well up there. Had one guy bark at me, but he was smiling. If they live vicariously through uga, I hope they play the dwags someday. They’ll learn quickly to hate them like everyone else.
theyve been nice to me as well.. when we lost up there about a decade ago i was there and everyone felt sorry for me at the bars and bought me drinks.. i was like.. "thanks.. hope we lose again next time!"

Up there may be a different story. I've worked with 3 of them, and I've been to BDS for 3 VPI games. They're all smug assholes. Especially when they win.

Seemed apt.

JRjr
I don't know for sure about it either, but he said he heard the radio broadcast mention it. Didn't actually hear it. Maybe it was wishful thinking on their part too. Is there an archive of the radio broadcast publicly available somewhere?

Back