Tenuta

jdubjacket

Dodd-Like
I'm not quite sure what to do with Tenuta. Some days I love him and other days I just sort of scratch my head after watching some bonehead play occur.
I was thinking about the possibility of Tenuta coming in as HC but I hadn't really thought about his accomplishments (and lack thereof in some cases) much before.

Against Clemson the D was pretty bad. 2 long running TDs occurred if I remember correctly. That W was all because of the Offense. Reggie and Calvin came to play that day, so I have to give credit to the offense. But that W was dampered when it turned out the Clemson is simply awful

Against UNC the D was awful. 34 points given up to one of the worst teams in College Football is just baffling. Luckily they beat NCST as well, so our loss to them didn't look AS bad.

Against Miami the D, I think, did its job. Holding the #3 team in the nation to 27 points is not too terrible. The offense(Reggie) just couldn't get anything going and an L was a result.
Against Maryland the defense was stellar. Blitzing every which way and mixing up the blitz packages and holding Friedgen to 81 yards. But that Win was also dampered when it turned out that Maryland was also awful.
Against Duke the defense was excellent again. People forget that the Duke offense is not bad. It's their defense that's atrocious. The 7 points that they gave up was the offense's fault. So, I have to give credit to the
Against VT the D was great UNTIL the 4th. I can't really blame them though b/c Chan puts way too much stress on the D. And when your offense stops producing in the 2nd half, there's only so much a defense can do to make up for it. However, the 2 TDs where there were botched assignments were just plain unacceptable. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Tenuta, it seems, is also somewhat inconsistent and I'm not entirely sure he's the man for the HC job. However, if our D plays with the same tenacity it did for the first 3 quarters against VT for the rest of the season, I'd be all for giving him the HC job next year.

Give him yet another raise, and be sure and keep him as DC the next couple of years when we should be awesome! THWG

Tenuta is a good coach.

It's obvious the players feel like they have to come up with the big play and make something happen so they busted some coverage and messed up. I can live with that as long as their letting it all hang out.

What is inexcusbale is our pathetic offense.

Gailey is disorganized (use of timeouts, slow getting plays in), a poor planner (no developed backup quarterback at a Div. 1 program), and a poor strategist - not throwing to Calvin Johnson on some important possession downs.

Chan is the man, the responsibility starts and ends with him for the whole team.
He is paid over ONE MILLION damn dollars a year. This is for Chan Gailey. This is freaking insane. CHAN IS 100% ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS. 100%. DON'T LOOK AT THE S/As OR OTHER COACHES.
CHAN IS IN CHARGE. IT MAY NOT BE FAIR, BUT CHAN IS THE MAN.

So when the D plays well Tenuta did a great job...when they play poorly Chan is bad coach. Im not saying Chan is doing a good job but I am sick of people not holding people besides Chan and RB accountable. Everyone from top to bottom needs to do a better job for us to win.

The whole staff needs to go to Boise State. Maybe they can fool NCAA football there. They're doing a piss-poor job of it in Atlanta.

HAW 3
BSU 69

I think Boise State is quite happy with their coaching staff. Why the hell would they want anything to do with ours?

Tex, in my eyes, you are 100% correct. I would think that most if not everyone would agree too, but they don't. At least not here.

Chan Gailey is the head coach, and he gets credit or blame for every one of his subordinate coaches' results. Gailey gets my credit if Tenuta does a good job coaching the defense. On the other hand, Gailey gets the blame if Buddy Geiss(sp), or Patrick Nix fail to develop Reggie into a college quarterback.

Unless I am not aware of something, I believe that CG has free will in the hiring/firing of his subordinate coaches. That is the reason that Gailey is ultimately responsible for everything football at Tech.

Gailey is not a bad person for failing. He just hasn't gotten it done. Based on his comments when he took the job, he has failed to achieve even the base line requirements of the job.

I wonder where we would be right now if Braine, or Gailey for that matter, had done the right thing after 51-7.

I wasn't blaming Tenuta or calling him out on anything, I was just analyzing the past games. I hate Gailey more than life itself b/c his calls are bland, he's uninspired and he puts way too much stress on the D. I am much more impressed with Tenuta and would love to have him replace Gailey.

Back