Tevin Washington

TW wasn't the reason we lost last night. That would be #45. TW did miss seeing a wide open Roddy running downfield in the 4Q that could have tied the game.

They need to make a helmet cam that let's fans see what QB's see. Roddy was completely wide open on that play, no doubt, but I am curious what it looked like in the pocket with all of the movement and hands up in his face.

In fact this needs to happen just because it could be a great coaching tool.

Tevin's a great young man who runs our offense well when the guys around him perform. When they don't he can't load it on his shoulders and win it. That's the same for a lot of good QB's.

It was a team loss last night. TW didn't lose it, though he didn't have his best game. JA didn't lose it, though he did make an unwise decision. The DL didn't lose it, though they didn't play their best game. PJ didn't lose it, though he didn't call his best game.

VPI just played a better overall game than we did and it showed in the 4th quarter. It stinks because it was a winnable game, but that just shows how close this young team is to being very, very good.

They just now need to go out and beat up on Dook, get to 8-3 and see what happens with UGAg.

They need to make a helmet cam that let's fans see what QB's see. Roddy was completely wide open on that play, no doubt, but I am curious what it looked like in the pocket with all of the movement and hands up in his face.

In fact this needs to happen just because it could be a great coaching tool.

Tevin probably felt like this about his OL "Good God, would one of you ööööing block for more than 1 damn second?!?!?!?!?"

Maybe we should suspend our OL for trying to hurt our QB and not worry about Sneezy's little punch.

Or Bring GOL back, stand an OL in the backfield, have a DL pop him at full speed to see how it feels.

Did anybody else notice that Tevin seems to be giving away the snap count? He changes the position of his legs just before the snap, like he's trying to get a head start on the play.

Did anybody else notice that Tevin seems to be giving away the snap count? He changes the position of his legs just before the snap, like he's trying to get a head start on the play.

Don't blame him. Preparing to run for his life as the "Goon Squad" gives up on him.

You sure that's not just to signal for the motion?

Posts about how Tevin is or isn't good enough to get us to 10-2 or a division title, etc. are freakin' hilarious.

It's like the other 10 guys on offense don't matter at all. His fake pitches on the option were awesome and the pitch he made on Peeples second long run was incredible.

So he missed Roddy...go back and watch the play. He didn't have much time to go through his progressions at all.

So he got happy feet...it's very rare for a running qb not to get happy feet when the sack total from a single game equals that from the previous nine games.

He was 50% on the night and as Beej67 pointed out without the drops he's 70% for the night.

I can't think of a player on our team who had a better game last night than Tevin.

Tevin probably felt like this about his OL "Good God, would one of you ööööing block for more than 1 damn second?!?!?!?!?"

Maybe we should suspend our OL for trying to hurt our QB and not worry about Sneezy's little punch.
He had plenty of time on that play.

TW wasn't the reason we lost last night. That would be #45. TW did miss seeing a wide open Roddy running downfield in the 4Q that could have tied the game.

His receivers have got to step up. Melton and Hill had some nice catches. But Orwin's drop in the first quarter was almost criminal.

Wait, did Bonham just come to Tevin's defense?

I can't think of a player on our team who had a better game last night than Tevin.

Yeah, I dare anyone to name a player who played better last night than TW. Any takers?

For grins, compare Tevin's overall performance this year with Joshua last year (rushing, passing, turnovers.)

Joshua was supposed to be our Heisman candidate and still is remembered fondly, yet many can get past preconceptions of TW as inadequate despite his performance this year. And it compares favorably to Nesbitt if you look at the numbers instead of relying on faulty recollections.

We expected Tevin to be better at passing and worse at rushing but he has been pretty good rushing the FB as well.

For grins, compare Tevin's overall performance this year with Joshua last year (rushing, passing, turnovers.)

Joshua was supposed to be our Heisman candidate and still is remembered fondly, yet many can get past preconceptions of TW as inadequate despite his performance this year. And it compares favorably to Nesbitt if you look at the numbers instead of relying on faulty recollections.

We expected Tevin to be better at passing and worse at rushing but he has been pretty good rushing the FB as well.

Yep.

And what makes not sense to me are the people who think Vad is going to be the starter next year. Are you not watching TW? There's not much more he can do with what he is given. I'll be shocked if TW isn't our starter next season, barring any injuries.

Wait, did Bonham just come to Tevin's defense?

Yeah, I dare anyone to name a player who played better last night than TW. Any takers?

The place kicker had a pretty good night, and the kickoff guy only had one that didn't go inside the 10. Just sayin'

TW played a good game though.

So sarcastic or are you an idiot?
probably sarcastic, but I think it was posted right after the game after watching the last 3 drives get 1 yard total, so it could be more emotional than anything else.

Either way no need to bump this thread for that.

My issue with Tevin is that he can't break tackles or "force himself" for an extra yard like on the 4th down and 1 the other night. I still like him, and I think most of the time, we are getting everything out of him he possesses.

Back